Let's do a poll! What CRPGs are you playing currently?

Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!

Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
not like a full-blown gaming experience.

What about you?

M.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
> really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
> before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
> Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
> still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
> applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
> trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
> well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
> Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
> not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
> What about you?
>
> M.

Might & Magic VIII

I'm a bit put off by not being able to customize more than
one character. And the only magic user capable of doing
Town Portal and Lloyd's Beacon is a lich, who starts off
as a necromancer. I don't like all the restrictions on
character types.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:33:07 +0200, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
>Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
>really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
>before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
>Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
>still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
>applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
>trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
>well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
>Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
>not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
>What about you?
>
>M.

World of Warcraft, and that's it - been no decent non-mmorpg's for
ages.

And what's with all the carrots ?

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and
> lurkers) here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any
> game, really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of
> "The Fall" before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately
> hoping for Dungeon Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading
> about yet, though. I still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish
> it one of these days. Same applies to Divine Divinity, which i
> actually enjoy, but I have immense trouble getting used to the "muddy"
> controls ... they don't seem to respond well, at least compared to the
> controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2. Oh, and of course, I play
> Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack, not like a full-blown
> gaming experience.
>
> What about you?

World of Frickin' Warcraft.

A little bit of Restricted Area.

And that is about it.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

WoW
System Shock 2
Lord of Terror module (aka Diablo redux) for NWN
KOTOR (I got distracted half way through and I need to finish this one)

Michael Vondung wrote:
> What about you?
>
> M.

A smidgen of GW and a little dab of Fate and that's about it.

--
chainbreaker

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:51:50 +0100, Mark Morrison wrote:

> World of Warcraft, and that's it - been no decent non-mmorpg's for
> ages.

I cancelled my subscription just last week. It's an excellent game, but it
didn't me offer enough end game content to keep me attracted. I like to
adventure alone or in small groups, but the end game content in WoW is
mostly PvP (not interested) or raid instances (very time-consuming,
requires good coordination). I had a 60er priest for three months
(completed set, had the crafted epic items, did MC frequently, etc.) before
I finally grew bored. WoW really is a good game (not a world, a game,
unlike Ultima Online), and I had a blast while playing. I still have an
unused game card floating around, so I might try again around in Christmas,
but presently WoW doesn't offer me enough substance to keep playing/paying.
Nonetheless, a good game for 4-5 months of intense playing. Longer if
you're less obsessed. :)

M.

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
>Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
>really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
>before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
>Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
>still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
>applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
>trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
>well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
>Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
>not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
>What about you?

Made a character in Fate and took him to level 99 in Legend
difficulty. He is currently hanging around level 120 of the dungeon
with 16k damage and a little over 10k life, which is pointless since
nothing ever hits him before he kills it. I'll leave it alone for a
while and try a weaker character so it will actually be challenging.

Started to go through Planescape Torment a second time, got bored and
quit. I have been too busy with yard work and that type of thing to
play much lately. Despite hating the cold weather, that is one good
thing about winter. I can spend all the time I like gaming.

Freedom Force Vs. the Third Reich (just finished it, may play again)

Neverwinter Nights (playing fan-made content, it just keeps getting
better)

Rick R.

On 17-7-2005 21:33, Michael Vondung wrote:
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
> really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
> before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
> Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
> still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
> applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
> trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
> well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
> Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
> not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
> What about you?
>
> M.
Silly maybe, but I had to Google for 'CPRG' before I actually understood
the question. :)

Guild Wars - though not too much at the moment.
Diablo II - my weekly session with some friends.
Dungeon Siege - on and off.
Neverwinter Nights - when Dungeon Siege is off.
Spellforce - hope to start this soon.

--
Bow before me, for I am root.

Thusly Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!

Guildwars. Just guildwars.

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

nostromo

Thus spake Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>, Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:14:32
+0200, Anno Domini:

>On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:51:50 +0100, Mark Morrison wrote:
>
>> World of Warcraft, and that's it - been no decent non-mmorpg's for
>> ages.
>
>I cancelled my subscription just last week. It's an excellent game, but it
>didn't me offer enough end game content to keep me attracted. I like to
>adventure alone or in small groups, but the end game content in WoW is
>mostly PvP (not interested) or raid instances (very time-consuming,
>requires good coordination). I had a 60er priest for three months
>(completed set, had the crafted epic items, did MC frequently, etc.) before
>I finally grew bored. WoW really is a good game (not a world, a game,
>unlike Ultima Online), and I had a blast while playing. I still have an
>unused game card floating around, so I might try again around in Christmas,
>but presently WoW doesn't offer me enough substance to keep playing/paying.
>Nonetheless, a good game for 4-5 months of intense playing. Longer if
>you're less obsessed. :)
>
>M.

Time to come across to Guild Wars MV ;-)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

nostromo

Thus spake Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>, Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:33:07
+0200, Anno Domini:

>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
>Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
>really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
>before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
>Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
>still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
>applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
>trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
>well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
>Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
>not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
>What about you?
>
>M.

Guild Wars & VTMB only for now, though I have several others installed &
waiting to be finished one day *sigh*.

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
> really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
> before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
> Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
> still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
> applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
> trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
> well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
> Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
> not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
> What about you?

* Fate
* Geneforge 3

That's it.

- Dave

KAOS

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:33:07 +0200, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!

A little bit of GuildWars, still haven't made it past the searing
though. Waiting on Tabula Rasa (I think that's what it's called,)
hoping it'll be good.

Fired up Shadows of Amn again as well.

And, of course, there's always Usenet ;)

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

Toby

Planescape: Torment (PC)
2nd time through. Enjoying it immensely.

Golden Sun (GBA-SP)
It's not quite PS:T! Not bad for a quick 15 minutes before bed.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:54:11 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>Planescape: Torment (PC)
>2nd time through. Enjoying it immensely.
>
>Golden Sun (GBA-SP)
>It's not quite PS:T! Not bad for a quick 15 minutes before bed.

Europa 1400....1537 - Sovereign and master of 9 catagories, rather
broke in cash but rich in real estate

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Michael Vondung wrote:

> What about you?

Well I am a VERY happy camper at the moment. As I've said in this group
before, I have a nearly five-yr. old Dell that wouldn't run morrowind,
which I was DYING to try. Well since he is working elsewhere in the
country for the summer, my son has let me have his newer computer for a
couple months which runs morrowind beautifully. I am LOVING this game. I
keep getting distracted from completing quests right away becuase I keep
finding caves and tombs to explore and loot. Then I have to do one of the
"Intervention" spells and go back to a town to sell stuff off so I can go
back and get more, LOL. Gotten a few Fighter's Guild quests done and one
or two of the "major" quests done. Gosh this is fun! :)

MB

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Toby wrote:

> Planescape: Torment (PC)
> 2nd time through. Enjoying it immensely.
>
> Golden Sun (GBA-SP)
> It's not quite PS:T! Not bad for a quick 15 minutes before bed.

I really, really enjoyed both Golden Suns. Best graphics I ever saw in a
GBA game.

MB

Michael Vondung wrote:
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
> really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
> before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
> Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
> still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
> applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
> trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
> well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
> Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
> not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
> What about you?

World of Warcraft
Dungeon Lords

Gothic 1+2 still installed on my comp.

> M.

waves
Uwe

Michael Vondung wrote:
> What about you?

Dungeon Lords. Finished it yesterday.
The Fall. When 1.9 is out.
Morrowind. When I feel like it.
PS: T. I have to play it again.
BG2. Haven't finished it yet.

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!

nostromo

Thus spake Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk>, Mon, 18 Jul
2005 00:49:15 +0200, Anno Domini:

>Thusly Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
>>relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
>>here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
>Guildwars. Just guildwars.

Newt, just...errr - you still haven't told me your GW charname you bastage!
I've made it past the searing goin on 8th Necro/Ranger. Man this game is
purrrrty!!! I could turn into a graphics whore with eye-candy like this ;-)

--

Michael Vondung wrote:
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!

I scanned this post and its headers for 'steam' and arbitrarily
cross-posted newsgroups before replying. ;)

Currently playing:
- World of Warcraft
- Guild Wars (right now just on Tuesday mornings when WoW is down for
maint.)

Still installed but unfinished:
- UK Spellforce Gold (includes Breath of Winter)- I completed the
original Spellforce campaign but had just barely started Breath of
Winter when I started playing WoW.
- German Gothic II Gold (includes Night of the Raven)- I'd completed
Gothic II twice already, but started over a third time with the
expanded German version (with English translation mod installed).
Stopped early on when WoW started.
- Morrowind with Wizard's Island mod- Again, I'd completed Morrowind
before, but re-installed it when Wizard's Island came out... and again
the game was put on hold for WoW. (I was also put off by the
grammar/spelling in the add-on.)

In article <y7ni2lz9msiu.13dpz1pywc4vf$.dlg@40tude.net>,
mvondung@gmail.com says...
> Since a lot of posts here are crossposted polls with relatively little
> relevance to the CRPG genre, I thought I'd ask the regulars (and lurkers)
> here what CRPGs they are currently playing, if any!
>
> Personally, I'm not really deeply into any CRPG right now (or any game,
> really). I'm waiting for the 1.9 patch for the German version of "The Fall"
> before starting to play it through, and I'm moderately hoping for Dungeon
> Siege 2 next month. Didn't really do much reading about yet, though. I
> still have Gothic 2 installed and need to finish it one of these days. Same
> applies to Divine Divinity, which i actually enjoy, but I have immense
> trouble getting used to the "muddy" controls ... they don't seem to respond
> well, at least compared to the controls of similar games, such as Diablo 2.
> Oh, and of course, I play Fate off and on, but that's like having a snack,
> not like a full-blown gaming experience.
>
> What about you?
>
> M.

Pretty much World of Warcraft is it for me right now.

--
Rob Berryhill