VTM Bloodlines - Model Citizen quest possible?

Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2005 11:53:42 PM

This is the quest where you plant 3 webcams in fashion model Tawni's
apartment, activate them with her computer, and then get out without being
seen by Tawni or her boyfriend.

I failed the quest a couple of times by being seen, but started it over,
timed it so I could sneak in the living room while Tawni was in the kitchen
and boyfriend was in the bedroom, and planted the cam there. Then snuck in
bedroom while boyfriend was in bathroom, planted cam on nightstand, and
waited behind the curtain until the boyfriend came out of the bathroom, and
went into the living room. Then planted the last cam in the bathroom, came
out, and activated the cams on the computer. Waited again behind the
curtain until the boyfriend went back in the bathroom, snuck out of the
bedroom and into the living room and back out of the apartment while Tawni
was in the kitchen. According to the stealth meter, I was never seen.

Get back to Imalia to report the quest done, and she says, "You idiot! You
didn't even kill her after being caught!" ???

Started the quest over again, got back to Imalia after seemingly succeeding,
only to have her tell me I failed again!

Is this quest possible?
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:53:43 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "Bill Jones" <billj@stang.snet.net>
wrote:

>This is the quest where you plant 3 webcams in fashion model Tawni's
>apartment, activate them with her computer, and then get out without being
>seen by Tawni or her boyfriend.
>
>I failed the quest a couple of times by being seen, but started it over,
>timed it so I could sneak in the living room while Tawni was in the kitchen
>and boyfriend was in the bedroom, and planted the cam there. Then snuck in
>bedroom while boyfriend was in bathroom, planted cam on nightstand, and
>waited behind the curtain until the boyfriend came out of the bathroom, and
>went into the living room. Then planted the last cam in the bathroom, came
>out, and activated the cams on the computer. Waited again behind the
>curtain until the boyfriend went back in the bathroom, snuck out of the
>bedroom and into the living room and back out of the apartment while Tawni
>was in the kitchen. According to the stealth meter, I was never seen.
>
>Get back to Imalia to report the quest done, and she says, "You idiot! You
>didn't even kill her after being caught!" ???
>
>Started the quest over again, got back to Imalia after seemingly succeeding,
>only to have her tell me I failed again!
>

>Is this quest possible?

I had a Tremere and this was the hardest quest in the game. Basically,
you have to sneak past the two occupants and be utterly undetected while
planting all the cameras. If they respond to your presence at all, then
the mission fails. Probably an easy mission if you have good hiding
skills like those sewer dwelling ugly vampires (forgot their name).

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:58:37 -0500, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "Bill Jones" <billj@stang.snet.net>
>wrote:
>
>>This is the quest where you plant 3 webcams in fashion model Tawni's
>>apartment, activate them with her computer, and then get out without being
>>seen by Tawni or her boyfriend.
>>
>>I failed the quest a couple of times by being seen, but started it over,
>>timed it so I could sneak in the living room while Tawni was in the kitchen
>>and boyfriend was in the bedroom, and planted the cam there. Then snuck in
>>bedroom while boyfriend was in bathroom, planted cam on nightstand, and
>>waited behind the curtain until the boyfriend came out of the bathroom, and
>>went into the living room. Then planted the last cam in the bathroom, came
>>out, and activated the cams on the computer. Waited again behind the
>>curtain until the boyfriend went back in the bathroom, snuck out of the
>>bedroom and into the living room and back out of the apartment while Tawni
>>was in the kitchen. According to the stealth meter, I was never seen.
>>
>>Get back to Imalia to report the quest done, and she says, "You idiot! You
>>didn't even kill her after being caught!" ???
>>
>>Started the quest over again, got back to Imalia after seemingly succeeding,
>>only to have her tell me I failed again!
>>

>>Is this quest possible?
>
>I had a Tremere and this was the hardest quest in the game. Basically,
>you have to sneak past the two occupants and be utterly undetected while
>planting all the cameras. If they respond to your presence at all, then
>the mission fails. Probably an easy mission if you have good hiding
>skills like those sewer dwelling ugly vampires (forgot their name).

You're thinking of the Nosferatu, michael.

Actually, I didn't find it a problem at all. Just crouch and sneak all
the way...I think I did it sitting room, bedroom, bathroom.

Bill, did you make any noise outside the door before going in ? and what
level of patch were you playing ?

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/&gt;

"Alfie [UK]" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:58:37 -0500, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:53:42 GMT, "Bill Jones" <billj@stang.snet.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>This is the quest where you plant 3 webcams in fashion model Tawni's
>>>apartment, activate them with her computer, and then get out without
>>>being
>>>seen by Tawni or her boyfriend.
>>>
>>>I failed the quest a couple of times by being seen, but started it over,
>>>timed it so I could sneak in the living room while Tawni was in the
>>>kitchen
>>>and boyfriend was in the bedroom, and planted the cam there. Then snuck
>>>in
>>>bedroom while boyfriend was in bathroom, planted cam on nightstand, and
>>>waited behind the curtain until the boyfriend came out of the bathroom,
>>>and
>>>went into the living room. Then planted the last cam in the bathroom,
>>>came
>>>out, and activated the cams on the computer. Waited again behind the
>>>curtain until the boyfriend went back in the bathroom, snuck out of the
>>>bedroom and into the living room and back out of the apartment while
>>>Tawni
>>>was in the kitchen. According to the stealth meter, I was never seen.
>>>
>>>Get back to Imalia to report the quest done, and she says, "You idiot!
>>>You
>>>didn't even kill her after being caught!" ???
>>>
>>>Started the quest over again, got back to Imalia after seemingly
>>>succeeding,
>>>only to have her tell me I failed again!
>>>

>>>Is this quest possible?
>>
>>I had a Tremere and this was the hardest quest in the game. Basically,
>>you have to sneak past the two occupants and be utterly undetected while
>>planting all the cameras. If they respond to your presence at all, then
>>the mission fails. Probably an easy mission if you have good hiding
>>skills like those sewer dwelling ugly vampires (forgot their name).
>
> You're thinking of the Nosferatu, michael.
>
> Actually, I didn't find it a problem at all. Just crouch and sneak all
> the way...I think I did it sitting room, bedroom, bathroom.
>
> Bill, did you make any noise outside the door before going in ? and what
> level of patch were you playing ?

I don't think so... But I did open the apartment door using the keycard
while standing up, i.e. not crouching in sneak mode. Once I got in the
apartment hallway I crouched the whole time when in the apartment. The
second time that I thought I completed the deed successfully I crouched
until I was out the door and going down the hotel stairs.

The first couple times I tried it and failed, I saw the "!" indicator on the
stealth meter go off when either Tawni or the boyfriend spotted me. I'm
sure I didn't see that indicator the two times I thought I successfully did
the quest.

I installed the game a couple weeks ago, immediately installed the official
1.2 patch, and then installed the unofficial 1.5 patch (from gamespot.com).
My character is a Toreador with a sneaking skill of 2.

The only thing I can think to do is to delete all the Save games after
accepting the quest from Imalia, and do the quest completely over again. I
supposed I could forget it and leave it as a failed quest (because Imalia
does give you another quest even if you failed the Model Citizen quest), but
it's the only failed quest I have, and I don't really want it there. ;-) I
failed the cemetery quest where you had to keep the zombies from escaping
the two gates, but after trying that one 4 or 5 times, I just gave up and
decided not to accept the quest rather than have a failed quest on my
record...
July 18, 2005 5:03:43 PM

wrote:

>This is the quest where you plant 3 webcams in fashion model Tawni's
>apartment, activate them with her computer, and then get out without being
>seen by Tawni or her boyfriend.

Supposedly they can sometimes see you while in the hallway leading to
the front door. Try crouching immediately after entering the building
and staying crouched the whole time.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:22:12 PM

Michael Cecil wrote:

> I had a Tremere and this was the hardest quest in the game. Basically,
> you have to sneak past the two occupants and be utterly undetected while
> planting all the cameras. If they respond to your presence at all, then
> the mission fails. Probably an easy mission if you have good hiding
> skills like those sewer dwelling ugly vampires (forgot their name).

You'd think, wouldn't you.

IIRC even with Obfuscate at level 5 I still had to fart around with the
crouching and the sneaking.

--
John Parkinson
Anonymous

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:37:59 GMT, "Bill Jones" <billj@stang.snet.net>
wrote:

>The only thing I can think to do is to delete all the Save games after
>accepting the quest from Imalia, and do the quest completely over again. I
>supposed I could forget it and leave it as a failed quest (because Imalia
>does give you another quest even if you failed the Model Citizen quest), but
>it's the only failed quest I have, and I don't really want it there. ;-) I
>failed the cemetery quest where you had to keep the zombies from escaping
>the two gates, but after trying that one 4 or 5 times, I just gave up and
>decided not to accept the quest rather than have a failed quest on my
>record...

That quest is so effed up. You have no idea that you failed it until
you go back to Imalia.

Add on that sneaking is terribly bugged in the game. You can be in a
crouched position and someone facing directly towards you won't notice
you. Even with minimal sneaking skill.

I failed that quest as well. After talking to Imalia and getting
yelled at I had zero desire to try that mission over and track through
the graveyard to see If I managed to pass.

Eff Imalia, I'm so much prettier than she is anyway.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 7:47:54 PM

well, I was able to go back and complete the Model Citizen quest. Rather
easily, actually.

what I did was first delete all the Save games (quicksaves and autosaves
included) that happened while I was originally doing (and failing) the
quest. I'm convinced that there's some bug where if you fail that quest one
time, even if you succeed after that, Imalia will tell you the quest was
failed when you report to her.

After deleting the saved games, I completed a couple other quests first to
get some XP, and then I spent them upgrading my sneaking skill. Only needed
to upgrade the skill to level 4. Also, not sure if it made a difference,
but as others suggested, I entered Tawni's apartment while crouching instead
of waiting until getting into the hallway to crouch. From there, it was
very easy actually...

Wait for the boyfriend to go into the bedroom and Tawni in the kitchen,
(turn on Blood Buff for extra sneaking ability) and sneak into the living
room to plant the webcam on the table. Then when the boyfriend goes into
the bathroom (he basically goes into the bathroom to take a leak once a
minute or so), sneak into the bedroom and plant the cam on the nightstand,
and then hide behind the curtain. Boyfriend comes out, and eventually goes
back to living room. Then it's into the bathroom to plant the last camera,
back to behind the curtain to activate the cameras with the laptop.
Finally, wait in the bedroom behind the curtain until the boyfriend goes to
the bathroom again, and if Tawni is still in the kitchen, just sneak on thru
the living room and out of the apartment. For safety, stay crouched until
you're in the hotel lobby. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

-

When you report back to Imalia, she is beside herself with ecstasy. The
cameras apparently shamed Tawni into committing suicide. Imalia gives you
the money while you tell her that she is sicker than you originally thought.

-Bill J.

"freshie" <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:37:59 GMT, "Bill Jones" <billj@stang.snet.net>
> wrote:
>
>>The only thing I can think to do is to delete all the Save games after
>>accepting the quest from Imalia, and do the quest completely over again.
>>supposed I could forget it and leave it as a failed quest (because Imalia
>>does give you another quest even if you failed the Model Citizen quest),
>>but
>>it's the only failed quest I have, and I don't really want it there. ;-)
>>failed the cemetery quest where you had to keep the zombies from escaping
>>the two gates, but after trying that one 4 or 5 times, I just gave up and
>>decided not to accept the quest rather than have a failed quest on my
>>record...
>>

> That quest is so effed up. You have no idea that you failed it until
> you go back to Imalia.
>
> Add on that sneaking is terribly bugged in the game. You can be in a
> crouched position and someone facing directly towards you won't notice
> you. Even with minimal sneaking skill.
>
> I failed that quest as well. After talking to Imalia and getting
> yelled at I had zero desire to try that mission over and track through
> the graveyard to see If I managed to pass.
>
> Eff Imalia, I'm so much prettier than she is anyway.
February 23, 2013 2:33:36 AM

I found this while googling trying to find a solution for the bug where the quest fails as soon as I enter the apartment.

For anyone else suffering the same bug I'll leave this help for you to find:

When you enter the apartment and the quest log updates (saying you failed) open the console (with ~) and type G.Tawni_Spotted=0

The quest will still say failed but now you can sneak around and place the cameras. When you've placed all 3 cameras the quest log will update saying you can go to the computer (And no longer that you've failed) allowing you to continue with and complete the quest.
!