Does A680 use same battery/accessories as A500?

Looks like I'm getting an A680 tonight. Anyone know if my power adaptor,
car charger and extended battery from my A500 will work with this device?
That would so rock if they do!

Thanks again everyone!

Mike

Splendid

Blargh wrote:
> Looks like I'm getting an A680 tonight. Anyone know if my power adaptor,
> car charger and extended battery from my A500 will work with this device?
> That would so rock if they do!
>
> Thanks again everyone!

Power adapter and car charger will definitely work. Don't _know_ that
the battery won't work, but it is very likely that it will not.
-mike

"Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
> Blargh wrote:
> > Looks like I'm getting an A680 tonight. Anyone know if my power
adaptor,
> > car charger and extended battery from my A500 will work with this
device?
> > That would so rock if they do!
> >
> > Thanks again everyone!
> >

> Power adapter and car charger will definitely work. Don't _know_ that
> the battery won't work, but it is very likely that it will not.
> -mike

How about data cable? Forgot about that!...

"Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message

> "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
> > Blargh wrote:
> > > Looks like I'm getting an A680 tonight. Anyone know if my power
> adaptor,
> > > car charger and extended battery from my A500 will work with this
> device?
> > > That would so rock if they do!
> > >
> > > Thanks again everyone!
> > >

> > Power adapter and car charger will definitely work. Don't _know_ that
> > the battery won't work, but it is very likely that it will not.
> > -mike
> >

> How about data cable? Forgot about that!...

If it uses the same charging cable, you should be able to use the same USB
cable.

Bob

Mike

Splendid

Blargh wrote:

>>Power adapter and car charger will definitely work. Don't _know_ that
>>the battery won't work, but it is very likely that it will not.
>>-mike
>>

> How about data cable? Forgot about that!...

Probably not compatible. The A500 and N400 had a unique connector to
support the camera accessory. Most of the other vision handsets from
Samsung use the A310-style connector.
-mike

Mike

Splendid

Blargh wrote:

> How about data cable? Forgot about that!...

Oh, and I'd suggest getting the cable off of eBay. There are supposedly
some charging data cables out there. Some of the new Samsung handsets
have SCI charging connectors that are positioned too close to the data
port to allow both connectors to be attached.
-mike

Mike

Splendid

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> The charging cable and the USB cable hook to separate ports on the A500,
> so it is possible that one is compatible without the other being
> compatible. IMHO the USB cable interface to the A500 was rather
> problematic ... but I didn't use a USB cable hooked to that phone much
> for it to bother me any.

Ohh, boy howdy! That was a problematic connector! The camera was a pain,
the data cable was a pain. It was all a big pain when it came to the
A500/N400 data connector. You had to push it in and wiggle it a little
side to side to make sure both latches were in. Even then, a little crud
and it wouldn't work. You take it apart, blow on the connector (like an
Atari game!) and try to hook it up again.
-mike

In article <m92kc.17036$e4.12431@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> You take it apart, blow on the connector (like an
> Atari game!) and try to hook it up again.

Did your kids get peanut butter on the connector?

I was friends with a Store owner, and they only had complaints about
Commordore connectors. You needed a pencil eraser to clean the
connectors regularly.