Sign in with
Your question

No pages opening up on laptop

Last response: in Networking
February 25, 2013 2:40:29 PM

Hello,
We've got 2 laptops an old Dell Vostro 1100 & one 2 month old Acer Aspire E1 571. I am end of my tether I want to throw the two of them out the window!! First of all the new Acer is so slow the Dell is faster much faster. That's the first point. 2nd major issue is this. I was lookling at my online banking the other day and noticed a large sum of money £2000! taken right out my current account. Also credit cars have been used and emails hacked. Long story short is both laptops were heavily infected with Trojans & backdoors etc. Its a pure nightmare trying to contact banks credit cards etc. We use the laptops for internet only, emails & banking. Acer has windows 8 which I detest. Dell has Windows XP. Problems now are both laptops very slow and infact most pages not opening at all. I have newly installed Microsoft Security Essentials & Malware Bytes on the Dell but can't get into Microsoft to do this on the Acer. The Acer came from Amazon pre installed with McAfee. Can anyone help.

More about : pages opening laptop

a b D Laptop
February 25, 2013 3:52:40 PM

You need to back up all your data first, then perform a complete Factory Recovery on both laptops as that's the only way to be certain that all the infections are gone.

When both laptops have a fresh Windows up and running, immediately buy and install Norton Internet Security which is antivirus and firewall combined (it's firewall is miles better at blocking hacking attempts than the Windows Firewall, and it's antivirus is second to none. NIS is the only one I trust.

A single licence allows you to install it on up to three computers:
http://uk.norton.com/now/en/GB_SITE/pu/images/Promotion...

Granted, it is not free or even cheap, but way cheaper than the £2000 you were ripped-off.
And right now NIS is offered at a promotional price at the above page.
m
l
!