Sacred or Beyond Divinity worth $20?

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped and I
can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those games
worth $20?

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped and I
> can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those games
> worth $20?

Sacred definitely is. A good effort at a Diablo 2 clone, although without
quite the same level of production standards as Blizzard!

Beyond Divinity was a big disappointment after Divine Divinity, being very,
very linear and not really very inspired. It might be worth it if you're
absolutely desperate for something to play, and at least it has been
comprehensively patched up by this point.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:00:20 GMT, doodles wrote:

> The question is, are either of those games
> worth $20?

Is the Underworld expansion of Sacred included? If so, then a clear yes. If
not, then $20 is probably still a good price if you download all patches
and the free "Plus" expansion from Ascaron's site. As for Beyond Divinity
.... I'd wait it drops to $15 or below.

M.

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped
> and I can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of
> those games worth $20?

I would say yes to Sacred. Expect about 20-30 good solid fun hours in
Sacred before it gets repetitive and not-so-much-fun. I never finished it
so can't say much about the end game, but I'm going to be reinstalling it
in the near future to see if Sacred Underworld is any good. I haven't
played Beyond Divinity but I managed to do a trade for it so it should
arrive soonish, I'll report back what I think.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

terry

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped and I
> can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those games
> worth $20?

Cant comment on Sacred but I really enjoyed Beyond Divinity.

Regards

"Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

> "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped
>>and I
>> can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those
>> games worth $20?
>>

> Cant comment on Sacred but I really enjoyed Beyond Divinity.
>
> Regards

I was lucky enough to notice the Starforce driver on the Beyond Divinity
install disk before it polluted my system.

Mark P. Nelson.

--
While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making
the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped and I
> can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those games
> worth $20?

Beyond Divinity is garbage compared to first

Sacred is GREAT

terry

"Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net> wrote in message
> "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have avoided both games when they were $40, but the price dropped
>>>and I
>>> can get either one for $19.99. The question is, are either of those
>>> games worth $20?
>>>

>> Cant comment on Sacred but I really enjoyed Beyond Divinity.
>>
>> Regards
>>

> I was lucky enough to notice the Starforce driver on the Beyond Divinity
> install disk before it polluted my system.
>
> Mark P. Nelson.

What does the Starforce driver do ?

Regards

DEFINITELY a "yes" on Sacred - especially if you're interested in any co-op
play. With the recent release of Sacred Underground, it seems as though
most bugs have been quashed out. LAN play is also flawless now. My wife
and I have probably gotten over 100 hours of gameplay (ok, perhaps 30 of
them was from having to re-start back when the patching was not done).

> "Mark P. Nelson" <mpn@value.net> wrote in message
>> "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>>

>>> "doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Cant comment on Sacred but I really enjoyed Beyond Divinity.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>

>> I was lucky enough to notice the Starforce driver on the Beyond
>> Divinity install disk before it polluted my system.
>>
>> Mark P. Nelson.
>>

> What does the Starforce driver do ?
>
> Regards

It adds a device driver for your CD drive to your windows\system
directory. Some versions of the driver don't like some CD drives and
can make a game unplayable. It can also conflict with virtual CD
drives, making them unusable. I don't care to try the experiment on my
machine.

Mark P. Nelson.

--
While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making
the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short
of deliberate.--V.

Paid 17.99 for Sacred a few weeks ago.Free shipping Chumbo.com. Couldn't
believe EBX was trying to get 29.99 for a used copy!!