Might & Magic 6 -Shadow Guild -STUCK!

Hi,
When I go into Shadow Guild in the Frozen Highlands, I walk down a
couple of halls and come to a door that has a small round red switch on
the left frame of the door. I press it but nothing happens, and I can't
go any further, and going down the other hallway is a dead end? Can
anyone help?
Thanks
Tucsonjim

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 24 Jul 2005 19:27:09 -0700, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "tucsonjim"
<jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote:

>When I go into Shadow Guild in the Frozen Highlands, I walk down a
>couple of halls and come to a door that has a small round red switch on
>the left frame of the door. I press it but nothing happens, and I can't
>go any further, and going down the other hallway is a dead end? Can
>anyone help?

Me and my vague memories again... :)

If I remember right, opening that door breaks after one of the patches. The
solution, so I've seen somewhere on the web, is to temporarily go back to an
earlier patch version of the game

I found the information, but just skipped fiddling with it and didn't finish
that particular quest.

If nobody comes up with more specific information, best I can suggest is
searching the M&M web sites for instructions: I vaguely remember that you
had to swap patched and unpatched .exe files at the right point in the game
for that to solve the door problem.

Spoiler: ROT13 to read

Vs V erzrzore evtug, gurer'f n cerffher cyngr (be fbzr glcr bs gevttrevat
qrivpr) va gung qhatrba, abg gbb sne sebz jurer gung qbbe vf, gung'f
vaibyirq va bcravat gur qbbe. Lbh arrq gung naq gur evtug cngpu irefvba gb
trg gur qbbe gb bcra.

Can't remember if there's anything else you also have to do.)

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

.... And it was written in fiery pixels: FREE UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR ALL!!

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I go into Shadow Guild in the Frozen Highlands, I walk down a
> couple of halls and come to a door that has a small round red switch on
> the left frame of the door. I press it but nothing happens, and I can't
> go any further, and going down the other hallway is a dead end? Can
> anyone help?
> Thanks
> Tucsonjim

Its a bug in the game that occurs in the Shadowguild and will come up again
in Kriegspire castle.

You can read about the bug and how to get around it at:

http://www.keytech.com/~klar/MM6/MM6Fix/MM6_Fix.html