Treo 300

Last response: in Network Providers
April 29, 2004 1:37:10 PM

Hi,

I am considering a Treo 300 to use for Internet access only. Sprint
will do the add-a-phone to my existing plan for an additional $20 + $5
for Vision. While I'll be able to make/receive calls from the Treo, I
prefer using my A500 as a phone and the Treo for Internet/PDA
functions.

Here are my questions:

1) Can I eliminate the $15 Vision plan from my A500 and still get the
$5 Vision on the Treo?

2) I've read an almost equal amount of good and bad reviews about the
300. Anyone have real user experience with the PDA/Internet functions?
I'd mostly use it to access Yahoo mail, news, quotes, IM, and SMS, not
for extensive pagr browsing.

I currently have a Tungsten C, which I would wind up selling. It is a
great and powerful PDA with Wi-Fi but I would like something that can
access the Internet without the proximity of a hotspot. The Treo 600
seems like a good replacement but I really like the styling (hinged
cover and bigger keyboard) of the 300 better.

Also, Sprint will sell me the 300 for $249. Anyone know of better
pricing besides eBay?

Thanks a lot.
Robyn

More about : treo 300

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 9:05:41 PM

In article <c4b226b4.0404290837.6b2943c9@posting.google.com>,
Robyn1965@yahoo.com (Robyn) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am considering a Treo 300 to use for Internet access only. Sprint
> will do the add-a-phone to my existing plan for an additional $20 + $5
> for Vision. While I'll be able to make/receive calls from the Treo, I
> prefer using my A500 as a phone and the Treo for Internet/PDA
> functions.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) Can I eliminate the $15 Vision plan from my A500 and still get the
> $5 Vision on the Treo?

No.
Then the Treo become the Primary Vision phone and is charged $15

> 2) I've read an almost equal amount of good and bad reviews about the
> 300. Anyone have real user experience with the PDA/Internet functions?
> I'd mostly use it to access Yahoo mail, news, quotes, IM, and SMS, not
> for extensive pagr browsing.

The Voice quality it sends out is wonderful.

> I currently have a Tungsten C, which I would wind up selling. It is a
> great and powerful PDA with Wi-Fi but I would like something that can
> access the Internet without the proximity of a hotspot. The Treo 600
> seems like a good replacement but I really like the styling (hinged
> cover and bigger keyboard) of the 300 better.
>
> Also, Sprint will sell me the 300 for $249. Anyone know of better
> pricing besides eBay?

CompUSA had it onsale for $99.99 after rebates a few weeks back. Check
they may do that again.

> Thanks a lot.
> Robyn

Or, wait for the Treo 610; sounds like a winner.

320 x 320 resolution
Bluetooth
New Screen designed for outdoor visibility
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 9:13:38 PM

"Robyn" <Robyn1965@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am considering a Treo 300 to use for Internet access only. Sprint
> will do the add-a-phone to my existing plan for an additional $20 + $5
> for Vision. While I'll be able to make/receive calls from the Treo, I
> prefer using my A500 as a phone and the Treo for Internet/PDA
> functions.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) Can I eliminate the $15 Vision plan from my A500 and still get the
> $5 Vision on the Treo?

Can't answer the rest of your questions Robyn, but the answer above is ...
no. The $5 fee is the add-a-phone vision fee. If you took Vision off the
A500, then the Treo 300 would be the primary vision account, and it would
cost you $15.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:42:47 AM

The Treo 300 is not what you want for Internet Access. It doesn't handle the
JavaScript that so many web sites use currently. It was basically superceded by
the Treo 600 many months ago, and now even the Treo 600 is at the end of its
product life.
!