Cheapest pda with 8MB, USB & Palm OS 3.5+ ?

June 13, 2004 10:55:44 AM

What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?

Thanks.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:45:20 PM

In article <BCF1649F.A3A%mack@mack.mack>, mack <mack@mack.mack> wrote:

> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?

I have a used Handspring Visor Deluxe with a USB cradle that I'd be
happy to sell you. E-mail me with an offer.

I have several accessories as well---keyboard, modem, backup module.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 6:12:36 PM

Is the USB a requirement? I have an 8MB Palm V I'll sell for $30

"mack" <mack@mack.mack> wrote in message news:BCF1649F.A3A%mack@mack.mack...

> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?
>

> Thanks.

Related resources
June 14, 2004 11:03:42 AM

handspring neo,platinum
palm 3xe
palm vx

> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?
>

> Thanks.

June 15, 2004 10:10:23 PM

> handspring neo,platinum
> palm 3xe
> palm vx

Thanks Logger. The handsprings you suggested will work, but the palm iiixe
and vx are both serial and I need usb.

I believe these all have usb, 8mb and v3.5+:

Handspring Visor Neo
Handspring Visor Platinum
Palm m125 or higher
Palm Zire 21

Are there other options?

>> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?
>>

>> Thanks.
June 15, 2004 10:11:40 PM

>> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?
>
> I have a used Handspring Visor Deluxe with a USB cradle that I'd be
> happy to sell you. E-mail me with an offer.
>
> I have several accessories as well---keyboard, modem, backup module.

Handspring Visor Deluxe came with Palm OS 3.1. Can it be upgraded to 3.5?

Thanks.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 10:11:41 PM

mack <mack@mack.mack> wrote in message news:<BCF4A60B.C98%mack@mack.mack>...
> >> What's the cheapest PDA with 8MB, USB and Palm OS 3.5+ ?
> >
> > I have a used Handspring Visor Deluxe with a USB cradle that I'd be
> > happy to sell you. E-mail me with an offer.
> >
> > I have several accessories as well---keyboard, modem, backup module.
>
> Handspring Visor Deluxe came with Palm OS 3.1. Can it be upgraded to 3.5?

I can answer that as a former Handspring Visor Platinum/Prism user -
NO. That was the only drawback I saw in using a Handspring was that
the OS wasn't flashable so it wasn't upgradeable.
!