Sign in with
Your question

Annoying Toshiba messages on top of my wallpaper

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2010 9:53:39 PM

I just bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 installed. There is a "feature", however, that I don't like at all. On top of my wallpaper are two "Toshiba" message - one is a Toshiba Bulletin Board version box that's fairly large and is centered on my desktop (it's not the bulletin board itself, but just an "About" box with the version number). The other is a white "Toshiba" ad (lower right). No matter which wallpaper I use, these two obnoxious messages remain on my desktop. Does anybody know how to get rid of them? Right click does nothing and they can't be selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:( 
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 10:07:29 PM

If you can find the actual program name of the utilities, see if they show up in the Programs and Features list. Uninstall as necessary.
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 9:27:46 PM

They might be desktop gadgets... check your list of gadgets to see if they are in there.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 23, 2010 1:06:19 AM

On some Dell computers the actual windows wallpaper files have been branded with their logo, try viewing the wallpaper files with a picture viewer to check this.
a b $ Windows 7
February 23, 2010 6:57:08 PM

Or you can download a picture from another source (or even another desktop theme from MS) and set that as your background. If the Toshiba items are still there, then they are gadgets. If they aren't, then they're embedded into the wallpaper you're using.
February 24, 2010 2:23:48 PM

Download Windows 7 ISO, use your OEM key from Toshiba to install Windows 7. Enjoy Windows 7 without their bullshit software all over it ;) 
April 18, 2010 1:00:35 AM

ctrl-alt-del buttons to get task master . . . choose processes . . . look for toshibabulletin . . . end task.

Do same for other (which hasn't happened to me yet) but that business card was an irritant!
!