Belkin wifi usb adapter cannot enable

RV Lem

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello, i have purchased Belkin wifi usb adapter dualband N450 and downloaded the driver from included CD, my OS is windows7 starter. After I plug in the adapter, the power ON is litting and wait for a while if will flashing but not. I opened the "NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER" and click the "CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS", the Belkin wireless adapter is disabled and had tried enabling it but still it is disable. I uninstalled the driver and the program, I checked in the internet and downloaded the file F9L1101v1_N600.exe and installed. Checked again but still the same problem before, Disabled and tried enabling but to no success. My original Atheros wi-fi adapter is not working, thats why I purchased Belkin wifi usb adapter. Need HELP! Thanks!

What steps did you take to try to enable the adapter ? By right clicking on the adapter you have the option to enable it.
Did you go to device manager and look at the staus of the adapter in there ? If it says disabled it may say why.
Can you try a different USB port ?

RV Lem

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Hello, thanks for the reply. My Atheros and Belkin wi-fi adapter are both working now. I uninstalled Zone alarm antivirus and installed the driver file for both the wi-fi adapter. And then the two wi-fi adpaters are now working. Both the wi-fi adapter is malfunctioning when Zone alarm antivirus is activated, during the installation of the driver.
I had asked for help also from the Belkin manufacturer and these was there reply. To uninstall the Zone alarm antivirus, and reinstall again the antivirus after the wi-fi driver were installed.
Thanks very much for your reply and hoping if I have ask help for some malfunction device, that you will not get tired from replying.

Chinedu Nnadi

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
For me, I also encountered the problem. However, here is what i did. After installing the driver (via Belkin website), I went to the "My Devices" console, and right clicked on the Belkin Icon, selected properties, and "enabled" wireless. Walaaaaaa... I was online in 3 seconds, sorry, I may have rebooted, not sure, but it started working afterwards.

Big ups to this blog site. The previous postings helped guide my reasoning. One.