FO2 Question: Karl and Modoc

Old timey game question here but I just reloaded FO2 after a class I'm
was talking about it as an example of a new non-linear form of story
telling.

I've rolled along and am shokced how much (thankfully) I've forgottn so
it feel quite new. I've hit Modoc, gone to the ghost farm, and now I
need to find Karl. I know where Karl is- at Mom's in the Den- he tells
me he used to be a farmer so I know it is him but when I get to Modoc it
is like I don't know anything. He's obviously drunk in the conversation
tree and passes out quite often but I an't get him to tell me more about
the farm. How do I get him to give me more info?

"CCF" <ccf@XXXXsprintmailXXXX.com> wrote in message
> Old timey game question here but I just reloaded FO2 after a class I'm was
> talking about it as an example of a new non-linear form of story telling.
>
> I've rolled along and am shokced how much (thankfully) I've forgottn so it
> feel quite new. I've hit Modoc, gone to the ghost farm, and now I need to
> find Karl. I know where Karl is- at Mom's in the Den- he tells me he used
> to be a farmer so I know it is him but when I get to Modoc it is like I
> don't know anything. He's obviously drunk in the conversation tree and
> passes out quite often but I an't get him to tell me more about the farm.
> How do I get him to give me more info?

I think you either have hit a bug or didn't ask him for his story the first
time
around. If he has already told you about the being a farmer and the 'ghosts'
then you should have been able to immediately tell the Modoc mayor/sheriff
that you had seen Karl alive. The conversation option for Karl to tell you
about the Ghost farm was the one that asked him what his story was.