SPCS is completely INOP in Las Vegas tonight!!!

Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!

Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
in totally INOP as well.

Anyone know what's going on???
31 answers Last reply
More about spcs completely inop vegas tonight

    In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
    "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:

    > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
    > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
    > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    >
    > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
    > in totally INOP as well.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on???

    S.N.A.F.U.

    You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
    for you to describe yourself.

    Chris

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
    > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed
    on
    > > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
    of
    > > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    > >
    > > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
    Vegas
    > > in totally INOP as well.
    > >
    > > Anyone know what's going on???
    >

    > S.N.A.F.U.

    Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
    ---JRC---

    In article <VOOkc.1451$eH1.889329@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

    > You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
    > for you to describe yourself.
    >
    > Chris

    Baby Chris with the Childish INSULT.

    Must have been looking in a mirror. You have a lot of class.

    ALL OF IT THIRD.

    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
    > > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed
    > on
    > > > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
    > of
    > > > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    > > >
    > > > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
    > Vegas
    > > > in totally INOP as well.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone know what's going on???
    > >

    > > S.N.A.F.U.

    Yes, only he didn't know that there are no periods required after the
    letters and it can be in lower case. He described himself to a 't';
    situation normal all fffddd up.

    Chris

    "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message
    > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
    > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
    of
    > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    >
    > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
    > in totally INOP as well.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on???

    Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most of
    the day again today.

    Amen. Fubar, slug.
    ---JRC---

    "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:wNTkc.13686$sX3.9338@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
    > Yes, only he didn't know that there are no periods required after the
    > letters and it can be in lower case. He described himself to a 't';
    > situation normal all fffddd up.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
    > Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
    > Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
    > ---JRC---
    >
    > "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
    > > You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
    > > for you to describe yourself.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

    > placed
    > > on
    > heard
    > > of

    > > Vegas

    > > > S.N.A.F.U.

    "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
    Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
    ---JRC---

    Not the first time either John. Just a day or so ago, he said FUBAR as well

    Bob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most
    of
    > > the day again today.
    > >

    > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
    > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
    > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
    > this problem.

    Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:

    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

    Apr. 30) 11 p.m. -- There is developing news to report. Users of Sprint cell
    phones may have trouble making and recieving calls Friday night. Eyewitness
    News had several reports of phones out in the Las Vegas Valley, including
    those that are issued to Metro police officers.

    Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS user I
    know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24 hours.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most
    of
    > > the day again today.
    > >

    > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
    > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
    > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
    > this problem.

    And another blurb, but still no real information:

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/May-01-Sat-2004/news/23788841.html

    Cell phone service disrupted

    REVIEW-JOURNAL

    Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and Sprint
    technicians were searching for an explanation.

    "Calls are being blocked, but it's just a small percentage of them," said
    Sprint spokeswoman Caroline Semerdjian.

    Jonathan Tufts, a two-year customer with Sprint PCS, called customer service
    when his service went out and was told unplugging his phone's battery was
    the solution.

    But the trucker knew something else was amiss because none of his three
    visiting friends could use their Sprint PCS phones either.

    "I laughed at her and said, 'Lady, I've got four Sprint customers ...
    sitting here ... and none of their phones are working either. Are you
    telling me there's a cluster in my apartment?' " Tufts said. "We can't even
    call each other from within the apartment."

    Semerdjian said technicians were trying to identify the problem and restore
    service.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and Sprint
    > technicians were searching for an explanation.

    Sounds like it fits the definition of

    S.N.A.F.U.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    nicians were searching for an explanation.

    > "Calls are being blocked, but it's just a small percentage of them," said
    > Sprint spokeswoman Caroline Semerdjian.

    Small percentage = Every ?

    Typical. the Sprint PCS person was lying, just like happens here:

    In article <Vk0lc.45877$Qy.29359@fed1read04>,
    "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:

    Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:

    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

    Apr. 30) 11 p.m. -- There is developing news to report. Users of Sprint
    cell
    phones may have trouble making and recieving calls Friday night.
    Eyewitness News had several reports of phones out in the Las Vegas
    Valley, including those that are issued to Metro police officers.

    Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
    user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
    hours.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for
    most
    > of
    > > > the day again today.
    > > >

    > > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
    > > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
    > > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
    > > this problem.
    > >
    > Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:
    >
    > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

    I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
    http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=168YLJCy which says
    service was restored.

    Bob
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    <snip>

    > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
    > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
    > hours.

    I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
    to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
    Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....

    Scotty
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > most
    > > of
    > > > >

    > > > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
    > > > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with
    Sprint
    > > > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation
    of
    > > > this problem.
    > > >
    > > Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:
    > >
    > > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424
    > >

    > I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
    > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=168YLJCy which says
    > service was restored.
    >
    > Bob

    That is a very old article...last year I believe, if not, at least 2 months
    ago.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    >
    > > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
    > > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
    > > hours.
    >
    > I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
    > to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
    > Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
    >
    > Scotty

    I can tell ya from first hand experience:

    Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.

    Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
    air, or...

    Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would get
    a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently available.

    I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

    Caution: added alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream

    Blargh wrote:

    >I can tell ya from first hand experience:
    >
    >Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.
    >
    >Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
    >air, or...
    >
    >Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would get
    >a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently available.
    >
    >I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....

    Sounds very similar to a problem on T-Mobile in the Salt Lake City area over
    the past several days. Inbound calls get any of a number of errors
    including fast busy when kicking to VM, all circuits busy when switching to
    VM, just hanging up when switching to VM, or "at the customer's request,
    this phone is not accepting inbound calls".

    Must be foreign operatives. :P
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
    > > > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
    > > > hours.
    > >
    > > I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they
    tried
    > > to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
    > > Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
    > >
    > > Scotty
    > >

    > I can tell ya from first hand experience:
    >
    > Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.

    -->What error did you get? Or was there just silence and the outbound call
    not complete?

    > Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
    > air, or...
    >
    > Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would
    get
    > a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently
    available.

    -->Didn't even hit VM?

    > I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....

    Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
    truck issue to the ILEC.
    Not trying to beat up on Sprint.
    I am just looking at it from a Geek perspective. :-)

    Scotty
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "> -->Didn't even hit VM?

    Correct. :(
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Correction below:

    Changed 'truck' to 'trunk'. ;-)

    <snip>

    > Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
    > trunk issue to the ILEC.
    > Not trying to beat up on Sprint.
    > I am just looking at it from a Geek perspective. :-)
    >
    > Scotty

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>, Blargh@nunya.com
    says...
    > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
    > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
    > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    >
    > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
    > in totally INOP as well.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on???

    It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
    each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
    tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
    In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>, Blargh@nunya.com
    says...
    > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
    > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
    of
    > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
    >
    > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
    > in totally INOP as well.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on???

    It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
    each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
    tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

    Thanks Rob...

    Glad to hear something "official" here. I just bought a new Samsung A680
    and I'm in the process of "test driving" the phone for coverage, but then
    this happened the next day! So I want to make sure the phone is ok and the
    issues were elsewhere...

    Again, thanks!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Scott Nelson - Wash DC <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

    > Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
    > truck issue to the ILEC.

    Sprint IS the ILEC in Las Vegas. I'd imagine it is the largest city where
    they operate as an ILEC, as Sprint and its predecessor United Telephone
    usually don't service landlines as an ILEC in larger cities.

  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <370240512d05234d81b4ef487ae695c2@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

    > It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
    > each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
    > tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

    Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED
    and spun it as no big deal, but we're familar with SprintPCS
    employees saying that.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > > I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
    > > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=168YLJCy which
    says
    > > service was restored.
    > >
    > > Bob
    > >
    > That is a very old article...last year I believe, if not, at least 2
    months
    > ago.

    So it is, my apologies. It was the only SPCS article I could find on that TV
    site. I just checked original link and that URL is showing the article now.

    Bob
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <eB7lc.68204$G_.17391@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>,
    "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
    > > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
    > > hours.
    >
    > I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
    > to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
    > Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
    >
    > Scotty

    So did SprintPCS ever own up to the outage and explain it, apology, give
    credits???

    Their spin:

    Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and
    Sprint technicians were searching for an explanation.

    The story:

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/May-01-Sat-2004/news/23788841
    ..html

    Cell phone service disrupted
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmark-87DFC8.05454203052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmark@msn.com says...
    > Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED

    Sure she did, Phill. A multiply proven liar accusing anyone else of
    dishonesty. Uh huh.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <ab7da3725a1b08984163034cc2fce54e@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmark-87DFC8.05454203052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
    > rmark@msn.com says...
    > > Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED
    > >

    > she did

    Thank you.

Sprint PCS Wireless American Internet Service Providers