SPCS is completely INOP in Las Vegas tonight!!!

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
May 1, 2004 2:59:40 AM

Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!

Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
in totally INOP as well.

Anyone know what's going on???
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 1, 2004 5:27:27 PM

In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
"Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:

> Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
> SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
> them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
>
> Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
> in totally INOP as well.
>
> Anyone know what's going on???

S.N.A.F.U.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 1, 2004 6:50:29 PM

You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
for you to describe yourself.

Chris

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
> "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
>
> > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed
on
> > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
of
> > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
> >
> > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
Vegas
> > in totally INOP as well.
> >
> > Anyone know what's going on???
>

> S.N.A.F.U.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 1, 2004 7:03:36 PM

Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
---JRC---

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:VOOkc.1451$eH1.889329@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
> You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
> for you to describe yourself.
>
> Chris
>
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
> > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed
> on
> > > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
> of
> > > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
> > >
> > > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
> Vegas
> > > in totally INOP as well.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what's going on???
> >

> > S.N.A.F.U.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 1, 2004 9:48:27 PM

In article <VOOkc.1451$eH1.889329@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>,
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

> You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
> for you to describe yourself.
>
> Chris

Baby Chris with the Childish INSULT.

Must have been looking in a mirror. You have a lot of class.

ALL OF IT THIRD.

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
> > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed
> on
> > > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
> of
> > > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
> > >
> > > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
> Vegas
> > > in totally INOP as well.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what's going on???
> >

> > S.N.A.F.U.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 12:30:20 AM

Yes, only he didn't know that there are no periods required after the
letters and it can be in lower case. He described himself to a 't';
situation normal all fffddd up.

Chris

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
---JRC---

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
> for you to describe yourself.
>
> Chris
>
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>,
> > "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls
placed
> on
> > > SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never
heard
> of
> > > them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
> > >
> > > Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in
> Vegas
> > > in totally INOP as well.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what's going on???
> >

> > S.N.A.F.U.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 2:10:36 AM

"Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message
news:p 1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04...
> Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
> SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
of
> them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
>
> Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
> in totally INOP as well.
>
> Anyone know what's going on???

Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most of
the day again today.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 4:18:41 AM

Amen. Fubar, slug.
---JRC---

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:wNTkc.13686$sX3.9338@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> Yes, only he didn't know that there are no periods required after the
> letters and it can be in lower case. He described himself to a 't';
> situation normal all fffddd up.
>
> Chris
>

> "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
> Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
> Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
> ---JRC---
>
> "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> > You moron, he was asking for someone in Las Vegas to help or comment, not
> > for you to describe yourself.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> placed
> > on
> heard
> > of

> > Vegas

> > > S.N.A.F.U.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 7:34:27 AM

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
Chris, did our pseudo-righteous troll actually use that obscene acronym?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a potty mouth!
---JRC---

Not the first time either John. Just a day or so ago, he said FUBAR as well

Bob
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 9:35:38 AM

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 9:35:39 AM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> >
> > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most
of
> > the day again today.
> >

> Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
> sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
> PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
> this problem.

Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

Apr. 30) 11 p.m. -- There is developing news to report. Users of Sprint cell
phones may have trouble making and recieving calls Friday night. Eyewitness
News had several reports of phones out in the Las Vegas Valley, including
those that are issued to Metro police officers.

Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS user I
know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24 hours.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 9:35:39 AM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> >
> > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for most
of
> > the day again today.
> >

> Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
> sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
> PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
> this problem.

And another blurb, but still no real information:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/May-01-Sat-...

Cell phone service disrupted

REVIEW-JOURNAL

Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and Sprint
technicians were searching for an explanation.

"Calls are being blocked, but it's just a small percentage of them," said
Sprint spokeswoman Caroline Semerdjian.

Jonathan Tufts, a two-year customer with Sprint PCS, called customer service
when his service went out and was told unplugging his phone's battery was
the solution.

But the trucker knew something else was amiss because none of his three
visiting friends could use their Sprint PCS phones either.

"I laughed at her and said, 'Lady, I've got four Sprint customers ...
sitting here ... and none of their phones are working either. Are you
telling me there's a cluster in my apartment?' " Tufts said. "We can't even
call each other from within the apartment."

Semerdjian said technicians were trying to identify the problem and restore
service.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 2:13:58 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and Sprint
> technicians were searching for an explanation.

Sounds like it fits the definition of

S.N.A.F.U.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 2:17:31 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
nicians were searching for an explanation.

> "Calls are being blocked, but it's just a small percentage of them," said
> Sprint spokeswoman Caroline Semerdjian.

Small percentage = Every ?

Typical. the Sprint PCS person was lying, just like happens here:

In article <Vk0lc.45877$Qy.29359@fed1read04>,
"Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:

Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

Apr. 30) 11 p.m. -- There is developing news to report. Users of Sprint
cell
phones may have trouble making and recieving calls Friday night.
Eyewitness News had several reports of phones out in the Las Vegas
Valley, including those that are issued to Metro police officers.

Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
hours.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 6:28:16 PM

> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Blargh <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Seriously, does anyone know what the deal is/was? It was down for
most
> of
> > > the day again today.
> > >

> > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
> > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with Sprint
> > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation of
> > this problem.
> >
> Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:
>
> http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424

I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=1... which says
service was restored.

Bob
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 6:29:30 PM

<snip>

> Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
> user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
> hours.

I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....

Scotty
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 11:17:17 PM

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> most
> > of
> > > >

> > > Really, honestly, since you are the only post [here] about it, are you
> > > sure it is not an issue with your phone rather than an issue with
Sprint
> > > PCS? I am only asking because of the lack of any other confirmation
of
> > > this problem.
> > >
> > Yes: Here's a link from a local TV station:
> >
> > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?s=1831424
> >

> I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
> http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=1... which says
> service was restored.
>
> Bob

That is a very old article...last year I believe, if not, at least 2 months
ago.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 11:21:11 PM

"Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
> > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
> > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
> > hours.
>
> I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
> to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
> Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
>
> Scotty

I can tell ya from first hand experience:

Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.

Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
air, or...

Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would get
a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently available.

I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 5:46:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

Caution: added alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream

Blargh wrote:

>I can tell ya from first hand experience:
>
>Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.
>
>Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
>air, or...
>
>Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would get
>a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently available.
>
>I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....

Sounds very similar to a problem on T-Mobile in the Salt Lake City area over
the past several days. Inbound calls get any of a number of errors
including fast busy when kicking to VM, all circuits busy when switching to
VM, just hanging up when switching to VM, or "at the customer's request,
this phone is not accepting inbound calls".

Must be foreign operatives. :p
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 7:25:35 AM

> "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
> > > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
> > > hours.
> >
> > I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they
tried
> > to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
> > Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
> >
> > Scotty
> >

> I can tell ya from first hand experience:
>
> Outgoing calls attempted on SPCS would go nowhere.

-->What error did you get? Or was there just silence and the outbound call
not complete?

> Incoming calls on SPCS would ring and go to VM where the caller got dead
> air, or...
>
> Incoming calls on SPCS would be silent for 30 seconds then callers would
get
> a message saying that the person you are calling is not currently
available.

-->Didn't even hit VM?

> I heard from others today that some land lines were affected as well....

Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
truck issue to the ILEC.
Not trying to beat up on Sprint.
I am just looking at it from a Geek perspective. :-)

Scotty
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 7:25:36 AM

"> -->Didn't even hit VM?

Correct. :(
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 7:39:00 AM

Correction below:

Changed 'truck' to 'trunk'. ;-)

<snip>

> Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
> trunk issue to the ILEC.
> Not trying to beat up on Sprint.
> I am just looking at it from a Geek perspective. :-)
>
> Scotty

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 7:56:02 AM

In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>, Blargh@nunya.com
says...
> Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
> SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard of
> them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
>
> Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
> in totally INOP as well.
>
> Anyone know what's going on???

It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <P1Hkc.44793$Qy.23870@fed1read04>, Blargh@nunya.com
says...
> Unable to make any calls city wide. All users report that calls placed on
> SPCS are being handled via analog roam on American Wireless (never heard
of
> them). Approximate wait time for *2 is approximately 60 minutes!!!
>
> Voicemail was down for over 2 hours this afternoon, and ReadyLink in Vegas
> in totally INOP as well.
>
> Anyone know what's going on???

It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

Thanks Rob...

Glad to hear something "official" here. I just bought a new Samsung A680
and I'm in the process of "test driving" the phone for coverage, but then
this happened the next day! So I want to make sure the phone is ok and the
issues were elsewhere...

Again, thanks!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 1:50:42 PM

Scott Nelson - Wash DC <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

> Hm, interesting. Almost sounds like an upstream 'call routing' issue or a
> truck issue to the ILEC.

Sprint IS the ILEC in Las Vegas. I'd imagine it is the largest city where
they operate as an ILEC, as Sprint and its predecessor United Telephone
usually don't service landlines as an ILEC in larger cities.

a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 2:45:41 PM

In article <370240512d05234d81b4ef487ae695c2@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> It's being investigated. Went down twice, for approximately 2 hours
> each time. It seems to be intermittent, so we're having trouble
> tracking it down. It's got our highest priority.

Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED
and spun it as no big deal, but we're familar with SprintPCS
employees saying that.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 5:10:08 PM

> > I couldn't get anything on that link, but did find another
> > http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1682708&nav=1... which
says
> > service was restored.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> That is a very old article...last year I believe, if not, at least 2
months
> ago.

So it is, my apologies. It was the only SPCS article I could find on that TV
site. I just checked original link and that URL is showing the article now.

Bob
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 5:36:54 PM

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 5:39:31 PM

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 5, 2004 2:12:33 PM

In article <eB7lc.68204$G_.17391@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>,
"Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > Not very informative, so I'm looking for more info. BTW, EVERY SPCS
> > user I know here in Vegas was unable to use their phone for about 24
> > hours.
>
> I wonder if they were getting fast busies, slow busies, or when they tried
> to make a call the phone told you the call could not be completed?
> Anyone know more about what people were experiencing? Just curious....
>
> Scotty

So did SprintPCS ever own up to the outage and explain it, apology, give
credits???

Their spin:

Some Sprint PCS customers in Las Vegas lost service Friday night, and
Sprint technicians were searching for an explanation.

The story:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/May-01-Sat-...
..html

Cell phone service disrupted
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 6, 2004 2:09:37 AM

In article <rmark-87DFC8.05454203052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
rmark@msn.com says...
> Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED

Sure she did, Phill. A multiply proven liar accusing anyone else of
dishonesty. Uh huh.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <ab7da3725a1b08984163034cc2fce54e@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmark-87DFC8.05454203052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
> rmark@msn.com says...
> > Yes but then SprintPCS the spokeslady LIED
> >

> she did

Thank you.
!