Sacred Plus

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:26:28 -0700, drybones wrote:

> Could a person play 'solo' in this and the new Sacred Underworld?

Yes, absolutely. It's much more of a single-player game than a multiplayer
one. Only a small percentage appears to play it online, and that seems to
work somewhat poorly only. In SP (and probably LAN), however, Plus and
Underworld seem to be much more stable than Sacred was half a year after
its release. It's still not anything like D2, but it's pretty decent now.

M.

"drybones" <drybones@charter.net> once tried to test me with:

> Could a person play 'solo' in this and the new Sacred Underworld?

It has a fairly decent single-player adventure. I haven't played much of
Underworld yet. But you do not have to play this one online, it works sort
of like Diablo 2 did but IMHO Sacred's single-player mode is stronger that
Diablo 2's was, except that grinding out the seemingly endless streams of
monsters can get even more old than it was in D2.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

drybones

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2004

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Could a person play 'solo' in this and the new Sacred Underworld?
>
> It has a fairly decent single-player adventure. I haven't played much of
> Underworld yet. But you do not have to play this one online, it works sort
> of like Diablo 2 did but IMHO Sacred's single-player mode is stronger that
> Diablo 2's was, except that grinding out the seemingly endless streams of
> monsters can get even more old than it was in D2.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Thanks to both for your replies. I shall give Sacred's Plus a try.
drybones

On that special day, Tecknomage, (tecknode@NOSPAMcts.com) said...

> That is, you can have the original Sacred and Sacred
> Underworld as separate games which I think is outstanding, especially
> since I have yet to be able to find a way to enable cheats in
> Underworld (I can in the original Sacred).

To be more precise, you can choose to install Underworld *over* the
original Sacred into the same folder, or choose a separate installation
into a different folder. in the latter case, Underworld will copy
Sacred into the Underworld folder completely, and then install itself
on top of this Sacred copy. So you can play an "old" and a "new" Sacred
on the same machine, without having to copy loads of folders by
yourself.

Of course, this means more space on your hard disk is used. I don't
mind, my PC is fairly new and has a 300 gig disk inside, but five
gigabytes for only this Ascaron folder might be a bit much for older
machines.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.