A page table page has been corrupted win7

agile

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Having problems with win7 64bit. the BSOD crash says this.

On Sat 09/06/2012 18:26:43 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80001FADC0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Microsofts site says this about it but no fix

0x41790
A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page. On a 32 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.

How can i fix this? MY pc is crashing alot. thanks

D

Deleted member 217926

Run memtest for 8 to 10 hours and see if you get any errors. It helps if you list your hardware too.

http://www.memtest.org/

Make sure all your drivers are up to date as well. It's most likely either bad RAM or a corrupt driver.

agile

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks

I just tried to run memtest from CD and even that is resetting the system and wont run.

any ideas?

system

asus p8p67
crucial C300 SSD
g.skill ripjaws X 4gig
corsair TX650 cpu
i-5 CPU
noctua D-14
2x 1tb western digital drives
LG blu ray internal drive
radeon x1600 (rubbish but all i have)

D

Deleted member 217926

You made a bootable CD and ran memtest off it? Download the .iso and mount it to a CD with a burner program and then change the boot order in BIOS to make the DVD/CD drive first so it will boot off the burned disk.

Free burner program.

http://www.imgburn.com/

If you did all that and get errors in memtest you have bad RAM.

Your SATA ports are in AHCI mode right?

Did the computer ever run correctly? I need more info about the problem. Did it just start or has it been going on since the computer was built? Anything you can think of that might help.

agile

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
yeah i have a bootable memtest disk - have used it fine on other pc's and its worked on this one before. yesterday i tried to boot from the disk and instead of memtest running, the PC rebooted over and over.

I'm pretty sure my drives are in AHCI - i guess i can double check that and get back to you

I uninstalled RST yesterday... im not sure if the SSD likes it.... and it hasnt crashed now. Could it just be that?

The pc has been very stable up until the last week.

agile

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
no

i just uninstalled it.

im not sure if my SSD had conflicts with it.

Is there any way i can re-install RST but instruct it not to serve the SSD and only my 2 HDDs?

thanks.

seems to have not crashed since i removed RST....