VTMB - steadying the hunting rifle scope

Has anyone ever used the hunting rifle in scope mode (i.e. secondary fire
mode - TAB key)?

The weapon has ranged combat requirement of 4, I have ranged skill of 7, yet
when I try the rifle in scope mode, it's moving all over the place and
there's no way to hit a target. It makes no difference if I stand or
crouch. In the primary fire non-scoped mode, it's steady.

I'm patched up through the unofficial 1.5 patch.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to steady it in scoped mode?

Bill J.

ps. I'm at the endgame and I just want to finish this game so I can
concentrate on Guild Wars (as a Necromancer of course). ;-)

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-08-02, Bill Jones <billj@stang.snet.net> wrote:
> Has anyone ever used the hunting rifle in scope mode (i.e. secondary fire
> mode - TAB key)?
>
> The weapon has ranged combat requirement of 4, I have ranged skill of 7, yet
> when I try the rifle in scope mode, it's moving all over the place and
> there's no way to hit a target. It makes no difference if I stand or
> crouch. In the primary fire non-scoped mode, it's steady.
>
> I'm patched up through the unofficial 1.5 patch.
>
> Is this a bug, or is there a way to steady it in scoped mode?
>

> Bill J.
>
> ps. I'm at the endgame and I just want to finish this game so I can
> concentrate on Guild Wars (as a Necromancer of course). ;-)

The game has a heavy bias toward melee instead of ranged. Get the
end-game sword (it's a Katana but I forgot the name). Bump up
melee and dodge and you should be OK.

TRENDING THREADS