cd burner stopped working

Loztsoul

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
Recently I had bought a sony 48x 24x 48x cdr/rw burner which I ended up having to upgrade windows 98 to second edition. I did this and installed the burner as a master and it worked fine. In fact I was pleased with the speed and have already encoded mp3's and burned a few disks with it. A couple days ago I installed a window's service pack update on my comp and it included a newer version of media player. Now my burner will not open at times and I am thinking media player or the new update has something to do with it. If i reboot my system I can get it to open up and work at times...any suggestions on how I can narrow down the glitch?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
go into device manager and remove the drive reboot and let windows redetect it then go back to device manager and make sure dma is enablred

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>

Loztsoul

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2003
Hey thanks for the advice that seemed to have done the trick and I appreciate the help I have been getting on these forums :)

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
glad I could help :smile:

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>