Sign in with
Your question

Asus PCE-N15 connection problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 5, 2013 4:43:19 AM

Hey, I'm having problems connecting to my CISCO DPQ-r3925x Router from my new wireless card, an ASUS PCE-N15, which I have installed on my newly built desktop. I've tried updating to the latest Realtek driver (RTL8192ce 1005.31.1222.2011) , and I've still been having a sketchy connection. Macbook Pro, iMac and my S3 all connect to my router fine.
January 19, 2013 12:22:02 AM

Hey Kanell,

I had similar problems with my pce-n15 repeatedly dropping connection to my Virgin router, even though all my other devices connect to it fine. The drivers wouldn't even install from the disc. I can offer one suggestion if you are using a Windows operating system.

I seem to have resolved this only through Windows. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Asus software from the CD several times. However, on the last attempt, when it offered either Asus or Windows, I chose the option for using Windows wireless instead of the Asus utilities. When I connected to the Virgin router after that my connection was maintained just fine and (touch wood!) has not dropped yet.

Hopefuly that might help, as I had been trying for days to sort out the connection! I can only assume there was some unseen conflict between the Asus and Windows software. Bypassing the Asus software appears to have resolved it for me.

Regards,

Chris
!