Asus PCE-N15 connection problems

Hey, I'm having problems connecting to my CISCO DPQ-r3925x Router from my new wireless card, an ASUS PCE-N15, which I have installed on my newly built desktop. I've tried updating to the latest Realtek driver (RTL8192ce 1005.31.1222.2011) , and I've still been having a sketchy connection. Macbook Pro, iMac and my S3 all connect to my router fine.
Reply to Kanell
3 answers Last reply
More about asus connection problems
  1. Hey Kanell,

I had similar problems with my pce-n15 repeatedly dropping connection to my Virgin router, even though all my other devices connect to it fine. The drivers wouldn't even install from the disc. I can offer one suggestion if you are using a Windows operating system.

I seem to have resolved this only through Windows. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Asus software from the CD several times. However, on the last attempt, when it offered either Asus or Windows, I chose the option for using Windows wireless instead of the Asus utilities. When I connected to the Virgin router after that my connection was maintained just fine and (touch wood!) has not dropped yet.

Hopefuly that might help, as I had been trying for days to sort out the connection! I can only assume there was some unseen conflict between the Asus and Windows software. Bypassing the Asus software appears to have resolved it for me.

Regards,

Chris
    Reply to cw4ed6
  2. I had the same problem, i was able to fix with cw4ed6 suggestion. Thanx!
    Reply to simonsez420
  3. I'm having the same problem, but when I try to uninstall it, it stays on my computer. When I try to reinstall the driver, I don't get prompted whether I want to use Windows' built-in network manager, or ASUS' control center. I am trying to get rid of the ASUS control center, but the stupid driver utility isn't having any of it.

I need help.
    Reply to amaroqthewolf
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Connectivity Asus Routers Connection Wireless Networking