Buying new SoundCard + Speaker

ReaperX

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2003
Hii all,

Right now i want to buy a new soundcard and speaker for my computer but i dont know which soundcard is the best one btw my selection right now goes to Audigy (normal not platinum) and Santa Cruz because i wanna use it on a 5.1 or 6.1 Speaker (and i dont know which speaker i should choose but right now im interested on Creative Inspire 6600) so if anyone could recommend a good soundcard that can be use on 5.1 or 6.1 speaker like Inspire 6600 please tell me. Btw try to keep the Speaker price below 150$ and SoundCard price below 120$. And the last question is if anyone know any good TV Tuner that has teletext features, can record movie to an avi file and can play lots of channel at the same time, with Remote Control or not please tell me ... Thanks in advance

r2k

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
I'd choose Creative Audigy2 (should be around $110-120) or, if they have fixed the little problems (haven't checked in a while), M-Audio Revolution 7.1. Don't know about speakers though.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I'd get an audigy 1 or 2. 1 goes for $50 on newegg in oem form and $100 in retail with 2 full games.

Speakers depends on your tastes, I only use my computer for music and games.. so for me bass is important. In that respect NOTHING comes close to the logitech line.
The klipsch line are double the price and for the money you do not get double the performance at all but they are a little better on the mids and highs.

But you can get my speakers (the z560s) for about $140 shipped and unbeatable for that.. I mean it you'll be impressed. The logitech 5.1 are just as good on bass but add a dolby decoder and extra speaker, very nice but not as nicely priced for the slight advantage it offers, but they are still competitive to the klipsch 5.1 and a better deal.. and still offer more bass for your unreal rockets!

The best tv tuners are hauppauge.. check out their website for more info. The new asus is very nice also and worth checking into. I've tried most of them and stay away from ati tuners.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kinney on 02/16/03 05:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>