<paul@wren.cc.kux.edu> wrote in message
news:l6lc90h5g4tq321mtnbprea1l5gvn22d3i@4ax.com...

http://www3.sprint.com/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/0,3681,1112035,00.html

In addition to the new pricing plan, the PR also includes the following
text -

"Sprint PCS New For YouSM Upgrade Program – Existing customers are eligible
for a mail-in rebate of up to $150 towards the purchase of a new phone, once
their old phone has been activated on their account for 18 months. "

"Sprint PCS 14-Day Satisfaction Guarantee – Customers who are not completely
satisfied with their service can return their undamaged phone for a full
refund within 14 days of activation. "

"Sprint PCS Right Plan Promise - Within the first three months of signing a
Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement, new and existing customers can change their
service plan to a plan with an equal term without incurring any fees or
having to extend or renew the agreement"

In the first paragraph, there is NO mention of any requirements to have
Vision on the account.

In the second paragraph, it sounds like SPCS will provide a refund for not
only the first month billing period, but also the activation fee as well.

In the last paragraph, no extention of the AA.

All positive moves by SPCS.

Bob

> All positive moves by SPCS.

requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
backwards.

"Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
> > All positive moves by SPCS.
>
> requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
> backwards.

I don't see anything about requiring a new contract after three months. It
only guarantees no such thing for the first three months.

Nebby0007 wrote:
>>All positive moves by SPCS.
>

> requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
> backwards.

I agree..
Although I believe they had this same policy for quite some time now.
I got my plan last May and it seems every time they change rate plans
and options, my older plan looks better and better overall. I have a
2000 minute F&CA 9pm NW + Vision and P2P. Even though my 'typical'
usage across my 3 phones is roughly 1200 minutes with little roaming,
not having to worry about going over and using the phone when and how I
want to is worth the extra few bucks. At the time, a 600 minute plan
was only $20 cheaper.

Getting off topic here but please pipe in with any comments...

I have come to the point of adding a 4th phone. Initial consulting with
two different stores gives me the impression that this can not be done
without paying extra for Vision (currently my three phones get free
vision) and some sort of contract extension on at least the one
additional add-on phone but that does not seem to make ANY sense at all
because what if I choose not to keep my other three after coming to
term? What plan would that additional add-on phone have at that time?
A $20 add on fee + taxes to a cancelled account? I am willing to pay
full price for a phone if that helps anything.

nebby0007@aol.com (Nebby0007) wrote in message news:<20040503152646.23183.00000566@mb-m24.aol.com>...
> > All positive moves by SPCS.
>
> requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
> backwards.

But with WLNP in effect, it's the only way carriers can force their
customers to stay with them, I'm still suprised that there are no 3+
year contracts for consumers yet with any of the carriers.

In article <uPSdnaYT0Is_egvdRVn-jw@giganews.com>,
norelpref <norelpref@fake.inv> wrote:

> Nebby0007 wrote:
> >>All positive moves by SPCS.
> >

> > requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
> > backwards.
>
> I agree..

Seems like every change is a step backwards. Starting when
they charged $10/month if you didnt get a contract, then did away with
FIMF, etc, etc.

> Although I believe they had this same policy for quite some time now.
> I got my plan last May and it seems every time they change rate plans
> and options, my older plan looks better and better overall. I have a
> 2000 minute F&CA 9pm NW + Vision and P2P. Even though my 'typical'
> usage across my 3 phones is roughly 1200 minutes with little roaming,
> not having to worry about going over and using the phone when and how I
> want to is worth the extra few bucks. At the time, a 600 minute plan
> was only $20 cheaper.
>
> Getting off topic here but please pipe in with any comments...
>
> I have come to the point of adding a 4th phone. Initial consulting with
> two different stores gives me the impression that this can not be done
> without paying extra for Vision (currently my three phones get free
> vision) and some sort of contract extension on at least the one
> additional add-on phone but that does not seem to make ANY sense at all
> because what if I choose not to keep my other three after coming to
> term? What plan would that additional add-on phone have at that time?
> A $20 add on fee + taxes to a cancelled account? I am willing to pay
> full price for a phone if that helps anything.

Yup, you're caught by SprintPCS' desire to make any transaction force a
contract extension, as a possible means to reduce CHURN, currently at
34.8% per year.

In article <7e761144.0405040409.634439b@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> nebby0007@aol.com (Nebby0007) wrote in message
> > > All positive moves by SPCS.
> >
> > requiring a new contract for service plan changes after 3 months is a step
> > backwards.
>
> But with WLNP in effect, it's the only way carriers can force their
> customers to stay with them, I'm still suprised that there are no 3+
> year contracts for consumers yet with any of the carriers.

I agree with that, but it's still a step backwards, and could force
extra churn.