New pricing Plan revealed:

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20
040503/ap_on_bi_ge/sprint_billing


Business - AP
Sprint Unveils New Billing Plan

Mon May 3, 7:31 AM ET


Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
about 650 minutes. Then, that $2.50 will buy them 50-minute blocks (or
about 5 cents a minute for those who use up the entire block). Once
customers have used 1,250 minutes, they must pay 7 cents a minute for
more time.

He said the plan is tailored for people who occasionally use more than
300 anytime minutes and want some flexibility, not for those who use a
lot of minutes or can predict how many minutes they'll use each month.

Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin said the plan could be
appealing to consumers concerned about exceeding their allotted minutes,
but added that it may be too complex to market. Sprint plans to begin
advertising the plan next Monday.
16 answers Last reply
More about pricing plan revealed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Robert M. <rmm@msn.com> wrote:
    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20
    > 040503/ap_on_bi_ge/sprint_billing
    >
    >
    > Business - AP
    > Sprint Unveils New Billing Plan
    >
    > Mon May 3, 7:31 AM ET
    >
    >
    > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
    > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > about 650 minutes. Then, that $2.50 will buy them 50-minute blocks (or
    > about 5 cents a minute for those who use up the entire block). Once
    > customers have used 1,250 minutes, they must pay 7 cents a minute for
    > more time.
    >
    > He said the plan is tailored for people who occasionally use more than
    > 300 anytime minutes and want some flexibility, not for those who use a
    > lot of minutes or can predict how many minutes they'll use each month.
    >
    > Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin said the plan could be
    > appealing to consumers concerned about exceeding their allotted minutes,
    > but added that it may be too complex to market. Sprint plans to begin
    > advertising the plan next Monday.

    And is it allowed with an add-a-phone?

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAloPp1p0e3NXsrtERAjDSAJ4yR65amFFiDBtOju7MQ0sEmgxrbgCgrdDw
    FpNyr9z12FzkuQGYAWNBmFQ=
    =mfMy
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <409683eb$0$151$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
    veldy71@yahoo.com says...
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > Robert M. <rmm@msn.com> wrote:
    > > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20
    > > 040503/ap_on_bi_ge/sprint_billing
    > >
    > >
    > > Business - AP
    > > Sprint Unveils New Billing Plan
    > >
    > > Mon May 3, 7:31 AM ET
    > >
    > >
    > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
    > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > > about 650 minutes. Then, that $2.50 will buy them 50-minute blocks (or
    > > about 5 cents a minute for those who use up the entire block). Once
    > > customers have used 1,250 minutes, they must pay 7 cents a minute for
    > > more time.
    > >
    > > He said the plan is tailored for people who occasionally use more than
    > > 300 anytime minutes and want some flexibility, not for those who use a
    > > lot of minutes or can predict how many minutes they'll use each month.
    > >
    > > Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin said the plan could be
    > > appealing to consumers concerned about exceeding their allotted minutes,
    > > but added that it may be too complex to market. Sprint plans to begin
    > > advertising the plan next Monday.
    >
    > And is it allowed with an add-a-phone?
    >

    Yes, it sure is.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
    > > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > > > about 650 minutes.

    Wonderful (NOT), thats

    Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear

    $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes

    $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes

    $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes

    $70 for 700 minutes

    $90 for 1100 minutes


    Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    can cost you a lot more.

    In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Robert M. <robert167@mail.com> wrote:
    >
    > Wonderful (NOT), thats
    >
    > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
    >
    > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
    >
    > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
    >
    > $70 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $90 for 1100 minutes
    >
    >
    > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    > can cost you a lot more.
    >
    > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

    OK Robert M[oron]. That is not an increase as nobody has to take that
    plan. They can continue to use their current plan. What a bafoon!

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAl5Xd1p0e3NXsrtERAlXyAJ9gBp3LZq9AGQNdluv5U5RBxJE2DACfYb6C
    URkCowZcVOT4FvclkBWwqP8=
    =lOVb
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:409795de$0$188$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > Robert M. <robert167@mail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Wonderful (NOT), thats
    > >
    > > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
    > >
    > > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
    > >
    > > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
    > >
    > > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
    > >
    > > $70 for 700 minutes
    > >
    > > $90 for 1100 minutes
    > >
    > >
    > > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    > > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    > > can cost you a lot more.
    > >
    > > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.
    >
    > OK Robert M[oron]. That is not an increase as nobody has to take that
    > plan. They can continue to use their current plan. What a bafoon!

    Absolutely agree with you Tom. SPCS has offered a cheap way for users of the
    lowest minute plan to call more, if and when they need to. If the user finds
    he needs more minutes on his plan in the future, he can always bump up his
    plan to the next level.

    Bob ::thinks Phillipe is getting hard up for direct contact::
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > What a bafoon!

    Veldy is looking in the mirror?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > he can always bump up his
    > plan to the next level.

    Which under the new rules will require a new 2 year contract.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:20040504103801.12062.00000889@mb-m02.aol.com...
    > > he can always bump up his
    > > plan to the next level.
    >
    > Which under the new rules will require a new 2 year contract.

    Well, I can see that you haven't kill filtered me Phillipe, as you have
    constantly said you have ...

    From SPCS's PR -

    "Sprint PCS Right Plan Promise - Within the first three months of signing a
    Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement, new and existing customers can change their
    service plan to a plan with an equal term without incurring any fees or
    having to extend or renew the agreement. "

    As said above, the customer does not have to renew or extend their AA, if
    they make the changes within the first 3 months of signing up. They should
    know by then how many minutes they need on their account.

    Bob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <20040504103715.12062.00000888@mb-m02.aol.com>,
    Veldy wrote:

    > What a bafoon!

    Like his typical childish insults suddenly makes the Fair and Flexible
    not a rip off when compared to regular plans.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <robert167@mail.com> wrote in message news:<robert167-C45825.06471404052004@news3.west.earthlink.net>...
    > > > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
    > > > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > > > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > > > > about 650 minutes.
    >
    > Wonderful (NOT), thats
    >
    > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
    >
    > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
    >
    > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
    >
    > $70 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $90 for 1100 minutes
    >
    >
    > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    > can cost you a lot more.
    >
    > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

    300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 300 minutes, that's $150 for
    600 minutes without the plan.
    300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 150 minutes, that's $95 for
    450 minutes without the plan.
    300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 400 minutes, that's $190 for
    700 minutes without the plan.
    300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 800 minutes, that's $350 for
    the 1100 minutes without the plan.

    This new plan is not intended to replace the existing plans, but to
    help people who may have a high usage one month (say they go on
    vacation) occasionaly.

    Spending over 6 months, $35, $35, $35, $65 (vacation, used 575
    minutes), $35, $35 is a total of $240 but if they only had 300 for $35
    a month, then the total would be $210 for the base plan, plus $110 in
    overage for the 275 extra minutes (totalling $350.
    If they went on the $65 / month plan, then they'd spend $390.

    It is not a "major price increase" as you like to call it, mainly
    because it was not meant to replace the existing plans.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <7e761144.0405041827.5e41b317@posting.google.com>,
    pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

    > "Robert M." <robert167@mail.com> wrote in message
    > news:<robert167-C45825.06471404052004@news3.west.earthlink.net>...
    > > > > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime
    > > > > > minutes,
    > > > > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > > > > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > > > > > about 650 minutes.
    > >
    > > Wonderful (NOT), thats
    > >
    > > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
    > >
    > > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
    > >
    > > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
    > >
    > > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
    > >
    > > $70 for 700 minutes
    > >
    > > $90 for 1100 minutes
    > >
    > >
    > > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    > > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    > > can cost you a lot more.
    > >
    > > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.
    >
    > 300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 300 minutes, that's $150 for
    > 600 minutes without the plan.
    > 300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 150 minutes, that's $95 for
    > 450 minutes without the plan.
    > 300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 400 minutes, that's $190 for
    > 700 minutes without the plan.
    > 300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 800 minutes, that's $350 for
    > the 1100 minutes without the plan.
    >
    > This new plan is not intended to replace the existing plans, but to
    > help people who may have a high usage one month (say they go on
    > vacation) occasionaly.
    >
    > Spending over 6 months, $35, $35, $35, $65 (vacation, used 575
    > minutes), $35, $35 is a total of $240 but if they only had 300 for $35
    > a month, then the total would be $210 for the base plan, plus $110 in
    > overage for the 275 extra minutes (totalling $350.
    > If they went on the $65 / month plan, then they'd spend $390.
    >
    > It is not a "major price increase" as you like to call it, mainly
    > because it was not meant to replace the existing plans.

    CREATE a fake issue why dont you. READ WHAT I SAID:

    Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    can cost you a lot more.

    In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

    Did you miss the words "know" and "could" ???? Or are you just trying
    to make this new plan out to be a big deal when its just a smoke screen
    to cover the adulteration of SprintPCS rules. No more changing a plan
    without getting a new contract. THATS THE BIG CHANGE.

    And osiris has suddenly disappeared.

    In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
    > But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
    > full 18 months to qualify.


    Did he suddenly discover he was flat wrong?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <robert167@mail.com> wrote in message news:<robert167-C45825.06471404052004@news3.west.earthlink.net>...
    > > > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
    > > > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
    > > > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
    > > > > about 650 minutes.
    >
    > Wonderful (NOT), thats
    >
    > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
    >
    > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
    >
    > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
    >
    > $70 for 700 minutes
    >
    > $90 for 1100 minutes
    >
    >
    > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
    > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
    > can cost you a lot more.
    >
    > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.


    From the press release :

    "Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible is a tiered pricing plan providing a base
    300 Anytime Minutes for $35 a month, then automatically adds more
    Anytime Minutes in 25- or 50-minute increments for just $2.50.
    (Pricing may vary.)"

    What makes you think that NONE of use will qualify for the 2.50 for
    50-minute increment?? You seemed to leave that out of your
    calculations.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <20f1e4d4.0405050935.447cd711@posting.google.com>,
    jreed01@hotmail.com (JR) wrote:

    > What makes you think that NONE of use will qualify for the 2.50 for
    > 50-minute increment?? You seemed to leave that out of your
    > calculations.

    They only kick in after 650 minutes.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Charles R." <Chuck333@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:Chuck333-33EBA1.12403905052004@news6.west.earthlink.net...
    > In article <20f1e4d4.0405050935.447cd711@posting.google.com>,
    > jreed01@hotmail.com (JR) wrote:
    >
    > > What makes you think that NONE of use will qualify for the 2.50 for
    > > 50-minute increment?? You seemed to leave that out of your
    > > calculations.
    >
    > They only kick in after 650 minutes.

    #72 and the beat goes on. Third different ID used to post today. What a
    joke!

    Bob
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > From the press release :
    >
    > "Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible is a tiered pricing plan providing a base
    > 300 Anytime Minutes for $35 a month, then automatically adds more
    > Anytime Minutes in 25- or 50-minute increments for just $2.50.
    > (Pricing may vary.)"


    I heard last night in the Cincinnati Ohio market, a radio Commercial
    advertising a similar offering from Nextel..
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <robert167-69AE2C.10142004052004
    @news3.west.earthlink.net>, robert167@mail.com says...
    > Like his typical childish insults suddenly makes the Fair and Flexible
    > not a rip off when compared to regular plans.
    >

    No, It's just rational thought that makes them so. They meet a
    different need than the Free & Clear plans, so a direct, dollar-for-
    dollar comparison is invalid.

    If you need the flexibility of a plan that changes with you without
    incurring astronomical fees, this is it. Why roll minutes over if
    you never have to pay for them in the first place?

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
Ask a new question

Read More

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers