New pricing Plan revealed:

Last response: in Network Providers
May 3, 2004 6:37:20 PM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&nci...
040503/ap_on_bi_ge/sprint_billing

Business - AP
Sprint Unveils New Billing Plan

Mon May 3, 7:31 AM ET

Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
about 650 minutes. Then, that $2.50 will buy them 50-minute blocks (or
about 5 cents a minute for those who use up the entire block). Once
customers have used 1,250 minutes, they must pay 7 cents a minute for
more time.

He said the plan is tailored for people who occasionally use more than
300 anytime minutes and want some flexibility, not for those who use a
lot of minutes or can predict how many minutes they'll use each month.

Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin said the plan could be
appealing to consumers concerned about exceeding their allotted minutes,
but added that it may be too complex to market. Sprint plans to begin
advertising the plan next Monday.

More about : pricing plan revealed

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 9:39:55 PM

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 2:16:22 AM

In article <409683eb$0$151$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
veldy71@yahoo.com says...

> Robert M. <rmm@msn.com> wrote:
> > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&nci...
> > 040503/ap_on_bi_ge/sprint_billing
> >

> > Business - AP
> > Sprint Unveils New Billing Plan
> >
> > Mon May 3, 7:31 AM ET
> >

> > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
> > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
> > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
> > about 650 minutes. Then, that $2.50 will buy them 50-minute blocks (or
> > about 5 cents a minute for those who use up the entire block). Once
> > customers have used 1,250 minutes, they must pay 7 cents a minute for
> > more time.
> >
> > He said the plan is tailored for people who occasionally use more than
> > 300 anytime minutes and want some flexibility, not for those who use a
> > lot of minutes or can predict how many minutes they'll use each month.
> >
> > Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin said the plan could be
> > appealing to consumers concerned about exceeding their allotted minutes,
> > but added that it may be too complex to market. Sprint plans to begin
> > advertising the plan next Monday.
>
> And is it allowed with an add-a-phone?

Yes, it sure is.

--
RØß
O/Siris

> > > Under Sprint's new plan, customers pay $35 and get 300 anytime minutes,
> > > plus unlimited night and weekend minutes. Customers who use extra
> > > anytime minutes will pay $2.50 for 25-minute blocks, until they reach
> > > about 650 minutes.

Wonderful (NOT), thats

Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear

$65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes

$50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes

$40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes

$70 for 700 minutes

$90 for 1100 minutes

Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
can cost you a lot more.

In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 5:08:46 PM

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 6:17:44 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Robert M. <robert167@mail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wonderful (NOT), thats
> >
> > Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
> >
> > $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
> >
> > $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
> >
> > $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
> >
> > $70 for 700 minutes
> >
> > $90 for 1100 minutes
> >

> > Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
> > than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
> > can cost you a lot more.
> >
> > In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.
>
> OK Robert M[oron]. That is not an increase as nobody has to take that
> plan. They can continue to use their current plan. What a bafoon!

Absolutely agree with you Tom. SPCS has offered a cheap way for users of the
lowest minute plan to call more, if and when they need to. If the user finds
he needs more minutes on his plan in the future, he can always bump up his
plan to the next level.

Bob ::thinks Phillipe is getting hard up for direct contact::
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 6:37:15 PM

> What a bafoon!

Veldy is looking in the mirror?
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 6:38:01 PM

> he can always bump up his
> plan to the next level.

Which under the new rules will require a new 2 year contract.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:04:13 PM

"Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
> > he can always bump up his
> > plan to the next level.
>
> Which under the new rules will require a new 2 year contract.

Well, I can see that you haven't kill filtered me Phillipe, as you have
constantly said you have ...

From SPCS's PR -

"Sprint PCS Right Plan Promise - Within the first three months of signing a
Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement, new and existing customers can change their
service plan to a plan with an equal term without incurring any fees or
having to extend or renew the agreement. "

As said above, the customer does not have to renew or extend their AA, if
they make the changes within the first 3 months of signing up. They should
know by then how many minutes they need on their account.

Bob
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:14:20 PM

In article <20040504103715.12062.00000888@mb-m02.aol.com>,
Veldy wrote:

> What a bafoon!

Like his typical childish insults suddenly makes the Fair and Flexible
not a rip off when compared to regular plans.
May 4, 2004 11:27:55 PM

"Robert M." <robert167@mail.com> wrote in message news:<robert167-C45825.06471404052004@news3.west.earthlink.net>...

> Wonderful (NOT), thats
>
> Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
>
> $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
>
> $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
>
> $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
>
> $70 for 700 minutes
>
> $90 for 1100 minutes
>

> Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
> than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
> can cost you a lot more.
>
> In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 300 minutes, that's $150 for
600 minutes without the plan.
300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 150 minutes, that's $95 for
450 minutes without the plan.
300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 400 minutes, that's $190 for
700 minutes without the plan.
300 minutes for $35 and if you go over by 800 minutes, that's $350 for
the 1100 minutes without the plan.

This new plan is not intended to replace the existing plans, but to
help people who may have a high usage one month (say they go on
vacation) occasionaly.

Spending over 6 months, $35, $35, $35, $65 (vacation, used 575
minutes), $35, $35 is a total of $240 but if they only had 300 for $35
a month, then the total would be $210 for the base plan, plus $110 in
overage for the 275 extra minutes (totalling $350.
If they went on the $65 / month plan, then they'd spend $390.

It is not a "major price increase" as you like to call it, mainly
because it was not meant to replace the existing plans.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 1:51:32 PM

CREATE a fake issue why dont you. READ WHAT I SAID:

Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
can cost you a lot more.

In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

Did you miss the words "know" and "could" ???? Or are you just trying
to make this new plan out to be a big deal when its just a smoke screen
to cover the adulteration of SprintPCS rules. No more changing a plan
without getting a new contract. THATS THE BIG CHANGE.

And osiris has suddenly disappeared.

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.

Did he suddenly discover he was flat wrong?
May 5, 2004 2:35:07 PM

> Wonderful (NOT), thats
>
> Flexible & Fair SprintPCS Free & Clear
>
> $65 for 600 minutes. $65 for 1100 minutes
>
> $50 for 450 minutes $50 for 700 minutes
>
> $40 for 400 minutes $40 for 500 minutes
>
> $70 for 700 minutes
>
> $90 for 1100 minutes
>

> Unless you know you only go over one or two months a year and use less
> than 300 minutes other months, the Flexible & Fair Plan could be neither
> can cost you a lot more.
>
> In which case it could be a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE.

From the press release :

"Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible is a tiered pricing plan providing a base
300 Anytime Minutes for $35 a month, then automatically adds more
Anytime Minutes in 25- or 50-minute increments for just $2.50.
(Pricing may vary.)"

What makes you think that NONE of use will qualify for the 2.50 for
50-minute increment?? You seemed to leave that out of your
calculations.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 9:40:39 PM

In article <20f1e4d4.0405050935.447cd711@posting.google.com>,
jreed01@hotmail.com (JR) wrote:

> What makes you think that NONE of use will qualify for the 2.50 for
> 50-minute increment?? You seemed to leave that out of your
> calculations.

They only kick in after 650 minutes.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 10:19:29 PM

#72 and the beat goes on. Third different ID used to post today. What a
joke!

Bob
May 6, 2004 1:31:10 AM

> From the press release :
>
> "Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible is a tiered pricing plan providing a base
> 300 Anytime Minutes for $35 a month, then automatically adds more
> Anytime Minutes in 25- or 50-minute increments for just $2.50.
> (Pricing may vary.)"

I heard last night in the Cincinnati Ohio market, a radio Commercial
advertising a similar offering from Nextel..
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 7:27:03 AM

In article <robert167-69AE2C.10142004052004
@news3.west.earthlink.net>, robert167@mail.com says...
> Like his typical childish insults suddenly makes the Fair and Flexible
> not a rip off when compared to regular plans.

No, It's just rational thought that makes them so. They meet a
different need than the Free & Clear plans, so a direct, dollar-for-
dollar comparison is invalid.

If you need the flexibility of a plan that changes with you without
incurring astronomical fees, this is it. Why roll minutes over if
you never have to pay for them in the first place?

--
RØß
O/Siris