Kult Heretic Kingdom - yea or nay?

Hello,

I have been hoping a follow up to Baldur's Gate Throne of Bhaal but I
guess it is not happening.

Any other new decent RPGs out there? I found Kult: Heretic Kingdom at
a store for $29.99 - pretty fair. But how is the game play?

I downloaded the demo and tried it for 15 minutes - I have to find a
godslayer sword. The demo has no help or keyboard layout - so I spend
most of the time looking for - well, something.

If I like Baldur's Gate and Ice Wind Dale - will I like this game. I
did not mind Neverwinter Nights, but BG was much better.

Opinions on this game - yea or nay?

Opinions on anyting new if I liked the BG genre?

Thanks,

Tmuld
4 answers Last reply
More about kult heretic kingdom

    On 7 Aug 2005 22:08:09 -0700, tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:

    > Opinions on this game - yea or nay?

    It is action-oriented and has some nice twists (like the parallel world).
    It's fairly linear and most quests are of the simple kind. It's a fun game,
    though, and will keep you busy for some time. Replay value is very low,
    though, and the late game is too easy compared to the beginning. Still, I
    enjoyed this title and didn't regret the purchase (which I usually do
    nowadays, so this speaks for the game -- and I paid the full price for it
    last year).

    M.

    tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:
    > I have been hoping a follow up to Baldur's Gate Throne of Bhaal but I
    > guess it is not happening.
    >
    > Any other new decent RPGs out there? I found Kult: Heretic Kingdom at
    > a store for $29.99 - pretty fair. But how is the game play?
    >
    > I downloaded the demo and tried it for 15 minutes - I have to find a
    > godslayer sword. The demo has no help or keyboard layout - so I spend
    > most of the time looking for - well, something.

    I can probably help with the keyboard commands, but I don't remember
    them and I don't have the manual handy, but I'll see if I can find that
    later and post the shortcuts.

    > If I like Baldur's Gate and Ice Wind Dale - will I like this game. I
    > did not mind Neverwinter Nights, but BG was much better.

    This is closer to Diablo 2 than BG or IWD. For one thing you control a
    single character. For another, it's way more action oriented than those
    games.

    > Opinions on this game - yea or nay?

    I reviewed this game, giving it 8/10.

    http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/pc/heretickingdoms/inquisition.htm

    > Opinions on anyting new if I liked the BG genre?

    There's nothing like the BG games recently out... unfortunately. I'm
    having fun with the Dungeon Siege 2 demo. It has a party, which I guess
    makes it somewhat similar to BG.

    Knight37

    "Opinions on anyting new if I liked the BG genre?"

    The 3 great games of this type are, in my view, BG2 (BG is also very
    good), Planescape Torment, and Wizardry 8. I highly recommend those.

    Well,if you havent bought it yet,I could sell it to you for $20 shipped..I
    enjoyed it. I never used it online(never do) so any keys are still good.

    <tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have been hoping a follow up to Baldur's Gate Throne of Bhaal but I
    > guess it is not happening.
    >
    > Any other new decent RPGs out there? I found Kult: Heretic Kingdom at
    > a store for $29.99 - pretty fair. But how is the game play?
    >
    > I downloaded the demo and tried it for 15 minutes - I have to find a
    > godslayer sword. The demo has no help or keyboard layout - so I spend
    > most of the time looking for - well, something.
    >
    > If I like Baldur's Gate and Ice Wind Dale - will I like this game. I
    > did not mind Neverwinter Nights, but BG was much better.
    >
    > Opinions on this game - yea or nay?
    >
    > Opinions on anyting new if I liked the BG genre?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tmuld

PC gaming Games Video Games