"Fair & Flexible" not on website yet

A day later, after it was introduced on 5/3/04, the so called
"Fair and Flexible" Plans are not yet showing (as of 600 EDT 5/4/04)
on the SprintPCS web site.

I say "so-called" because there are some aspects that are not
user-friendly

- If you go over your plan by 1 minute it'll now cost you $2.50 rather
than 50 cents.

- You now only have 3 months to change your plan, otherwise
just adding more minutes to your plan triggers a new 2 year agreement

This is not "more flexibility" as the press release falsely states.

http://144.226.116.29/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/1,3681,1112035,
00.html

======
While the web site does not yet show the "Fair and Flexible" stuff other
good changes are there:

- If you add ReadyLink service by itself, without Vision, it's
now $10/month, rather than $15

- the $5/month for 7 PM Nights and Weekends unlimited no longer
shows as a temporary plan, that you need to sign up for
before some expiration date.

==========

The 18 month rule is now in writing but doesn't mention requiring
a Vision plan for a Vision phone (but then it doesn't mention that the
rebate requires a new 2 year contract):

"Sprint PCS New For YouSM Upgrade Program Existing customers are
eligible for a mail-in rebate of up to $150 towards the purchase of a
new phone, once their old phone has been activated on their account for
18 months. "

http://144.226.116.29/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/1,3681,1112035,
00.html

Paul

Splendid

On Tue, 04 May 2004 10:17:53 GMT, "Robert M." <rmm@msn.com> wrote:

>A day later, after it was introduced on 5/3/04, the so called
>"Fair and Flexible" Plans are not yet showing (as of 600 EDT 5/4/04)
>on the SprintPCS web site.
Since yesterday afternoon it's been at this URL:

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/plans/voice/fair_flexible.html

found via the Sprint PCS web site by navigating through Business
Solutions (which brings you to http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/).

<A
HREF="http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/plans/voice/fair_flexible.html">ht
tp://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/plans/voice/fair_flexible.html</A>

found via the Sprint PCS web site by navigating through Business
=====================================

It's a business only plan?

"Robert M." <rmm@msn.com> wrote in message
> A day later, after it was introduced on 5/3/04, the so called
> "Fair and Flexible" Plans are not yet showing (as of 600 EDT 5/4/04)
> on the SprintPCS web site.
>
> I say "so-called" because there are some aspects that are not
> user-friendly
>
> - If you go over your plan by 1 minute it'll now cost you $2.50 rather
> than 50 cents.
>
> - You now only have 3 months to change your plan, otherwise
> just adding more minutes to your plan triggers a new 2 year agreement
>
> This is not "more flexibility" as the press release falsely states.
>
> http://144.226.116.29/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/1,3681,1112035,
> 00.html
>
> ======
> While the web site does not yet show the "Fair and Flexible" stuff other
> good changes are there:
>
> - If you add ReadyLink service by itself, without Vision, it's
> now $10/month, rather than $15
>
> - the $5/month for 7 PM Nights and Weekends unlimited no longer
> shows as a temporary plan, that you need to sign up for
> before some expiration date.
>
> ==========
>
> The 18 month rule is now in writing but doesn't mention requiring
> a Vision plan for a Vision phone (but then it doesn't mention that the
> rebate requires a new 2 year contract):
>
> "Sprint PCS New For YouSM Upgrade Program Existing customers are
> eligible for a mail-in rebate of up to $150 towards the purchase of a
> new phone, once their old phone has been activated on their account for
> 18 months. "
>
> http://144.226.116.29/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/1,3681,1112035,
> 00.html

The original press release (released on Monday) said they would start
advertising it the following Monday.

No, the Fair and Flexible Plan is not just for business. Their is
simply no shared minutes available for the Corporate Liable plans.

Thank you,

Mark

In article <d0f1e25e.0405042010.3de65acd@posting.google.com>,
mark@callsprint.com (Mark Neumann) wrote:

> No, the Fair and Flexible Plan is not just for business. Their is
> simply no shared minutes available for the Corporate Liable plans.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

Then why is it only found on the SprintPCS website
in the business section?

Robert M. <robert167@mail.com> wrote:
> In article <d0f1e25e.0405042010.3de65acd@posting.google.com>,
> mark@callsprint.com (Mark Neumann) wrote:
>
>> No, the Fair and Flexible Plan is not just for business. Their is
>> simply no shared minutes available for the Corporate Liable plans.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Mark
>
> Then why is it only found on the SprintPCS website
> in the business section?

I don't know, but I just picked up a Fair and Flexible brochure at the
Best Buy in Victorville, California while drooling over the video phones...

(for the record: that was this afternoon, 5/5/04.)

In article <rmm-8E8251.05175304052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
rmm@msn.com says...

> A day later, after it was introduced on 5/3/04, the so called
> "Fair and Flexible" Plans are not yet showing (as of 600 EDT 5/4/04)
> on the SprintPCS web site.

It's considered a soft-launch right now. For a few more days. It's
being offered on a reactive basis right now. There's supposed to be
an advertising campaign to back the plan up very soon. Once that
launches, I suspect, the plans will be proactively available.

--
RØß
O/Siris