Disk boot error?

AlexJakes

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
hello,
i just built my first computer last week and all was good until tonight. I took apart my case to see why a fan wasnt working, and when i put the computer back together and turn it on, I get a disk boot error message, and it says that it is trying to boot from the cd/dvd drive. but since i already installed windows 7, i believe I have to get into the bios and set it to boot from the HDD. can someone guide me through this? i have a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard, and can't find anything in the manual.

Solution

if it got the gui bios in easy mode you should see a cd-rom and a hard drive on the bottom of the bios screen. if the number and models match the ones that are in your pc just drag the hard drive and drop it as the first...

AlexJakes

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
okay i got into the bios myself, but the first boot priority is my HDD, so i dont know why im getting the boot from my cd/dvd drive error. it should be booting from the HDD? help please? im really panicking.

if it got the gui bios in easy mode you should see a cd-rom and a hard drive on the bottom of the bios screen. if the number and models match the ones that are in your pc just drag the hard drive and drop it as the first device. if there no hard drive there then go into advance mode and under boot device...you should see a hard drive..if you do most time it hitting the + key to move it as the first boot device. if it not there check that you did not pull off the sata data or power cable.

Solution

AlexJakes

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
i am such a fool. after playing around with the bios, the HDD was always the boot priority, so I took the computer apart, and saw that I did accidentally remove the power from the HDD. thank you for your help! :)