Acer aspier will turn on but nothing else

clcater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
my acer aspire 7551-7422 will turn on and display the first screen then go black and wont access the bios or recover. ive tried f10 f12 and f2 and i get nothing

Sounds bad, but if you have more than one stick of RAM try removing one at a time and see if you progress beyond the splash screen. Also is there any difference when you power on with battery only?

Also you could try removing the battery and power lead then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.After that I would remove the CMOS battery and try the same thing, but that requires removing the top cover of the laptop and you would need to follow a guide. If all these steps fail it looks as though you have a bad Motherboard or CPU.

clcater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
the only thing ive found so far is if i hit the esc key something pops up and goes back to black to fast to read no difference without power cord im going to try the hardware suggestions now

In case you want to try...
http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-acer-aspire-7551g-laptop/
Then you'll be half way to replacing your motherboard! You only need to progress as far as removing the top cover to get at the CMOS battery. If you can, check it's voltage, should be 3V.