Space Rangers - What is this?

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2005 4:01:16 AM

GoGamer is advertising this:

Space Rangers $39.90 Now Shipping...
Another game you won't find on US stores! A turn-based space RPG featuring
real-time action.

Ok, I'm not sure I get "turn-based" RPG with "real-time" action, but has
anyone actually played this and can give us a mini review?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

More about : space rangers

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 4:01:17 AM

Knight37 wrote:
> GoGamer is advertising this:
>
> Space Rangers $39.90 Now Shipping...
> Another game you won't find on US stores! A turn-based space RPG
> featuring real-time action.
>

> Ok, I'm not sure I get "turn-based" RPG with "real-time" action, but
> has anyone actually played this and can give us a mini review?

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=...

Ten pages so far.

-craig
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 4:01:17 AM

In article <Xns96B0C17E51937knight37m@130.133.1.4>,
Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
> Space Rangers $39.90 Now Shipping...
> Another game you won't find on US stores! A turn-based space RPG featuring
> real-time action.
>
> Ok, I'm not sure I get "turn-based" RPG with "real-time" action, but has
> anyone actually played this and can give us a mini review?

I haven't played it yet, but have it on order based on comments in the
thread here:

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20...

- Damien
August 13, 2005 5:44:14 PM

"Craig Hulett" <First.Last@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:

> Knight37 wrote:
>> GoGamer is advertising this:
>>
>> Space Rangers $39.90 Now Shipping...
>> Another game you won't find on US stores! A turn-based space RPG
>> featuring real-time action.
>>

>> Ok, I'm not sure I get "turn-based" RPG with "real-time" action, but
>> has anyone actually played this and can give us a mini review?
>
> http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=...
>
> Ten pages so far.

Thanks for the link, reading it now, lots of posts there.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 12:24:06 AM

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Craig Hulett" <First.Last@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Knight37 wrote:
>>> GoGamer is advertising this:
>>>
>>> Space Rangers $39.90 Now Shipping...
>>> Another game you won't find on US stores! A turn-based space RPG
>>> featuring real-time action.
>>>

>>> Ok, I'm not sure I get "turn-based" RPG with "real-time" action, but
>>> has anyone actually played this and can give us a mini review?
>>
>> http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=...
>>
>> Ten pages so far.
>
> Thanks for the link, reading it now, lots of posts there.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Just ordered it a couple of mins ago. If you haven't already seen it,
there's a great tutorial video available which gives a good idea of the
game. You can reach it via the link on this Oct Overlord page:

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=...
!