WareWolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

Okay, I have a copy of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and both of their expansions
(namely 'the Original Saga' and 'the Collection') and I'd like to 'combine
them' using BG1Tutu. I am aware that I need to use a full install of BG1
(and possibly 2) for it to work properly but here are some other questions
I have

1) Should I apply the fan-made patches available at 'Baldurdash' as well as
the official patches?
2) What mods should I add to BG 1 and 2 before I apply Tutu?
3) Are there any drawbacks to combining these two games? (ie I heard that
an earlier version of the program didn't allow the cutscenes for BG1 to be
viewed)

Thanks in advance for you help and here's hoping that everything goes well
in the end.

Signed,
Warewolf

Warewolf wrote:
> Okay, I have a copy of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and both of their expansions
> (namely 'the Original Saga' and 'the Collection') and I'd like to 'combine
> them' using BG1Tutu. I am aware that I need to use a full install of BG1
> (and possibly 2) for it to work properly but here are some other questions
> I have
>
> 1) Should I apply the fan-made patches available at 'Baldurdash' as well as
> the official patches?
> 2) What mods should I add to BG 1 and 2 before I apply Tutu?
> 3) Are there any drawbacks to combining these two games? (ie I heard that
> an earlier version of the program didn't allow the cutscenes for BG1 to be
> viewed)
>
> Thanks in advance for you help and here's hoping that everything goes well
> in the end.
>
> Signed,
> Warewolf

It's been a few months since re-finshing BG1 using TuTu (but it was
fun!), but the best source of info and suggestions has to be
http://forums.pocketplane.net. You really can't go wrong there.

I do recall a brief discussion somewhere there about recommended mods
and installation order, but a quick search couldn't find it...

As for functionality, Tutu is completely (almost) perfect now, and
you'll miss nothing from the original game (Even the 'green water bug'
is fixed).

Have fun!

-l

WareWolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

Beetlecat <beetlecat@hotmail.com> wrote in

> It's been a few months since re-finshing BG1 using TuTu (but it was
> fun!), but the best source of info and suggestions has to be
> http://forums.pocketplane.net. You really can't go wrong there.

Okay, I'll take a look.

Thank you for responding so quickly. :)

> I do recall a brief discussion somewhere there about recommended mods
> and installation order, but a quick search couldn't find it...

I'm sure I'll find it. :)

> As for functionality, Tutu is completely (almost) perfect now, and
> you'll miss nothing from the original game (Even the 'green water bug'
> is fixed).

All right then.

I just wasn't sure which 'bug fixes' to apply to the games before I
started. Baldurdash has fixes for both Amn and Bhaal so you could probably
see why I was scratching my head. (ie do I install the bug fixes for Amn
before adding the expansion or install them both and use the Bhaal
bugfixes? Oy!)

> Have fun!

I plan to.

Thanks again.

Signed,
Warewolf

Warewolf wrote:
> Beetlecat <beetlecat@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>>It's been a few months since re-finshing BG1 using TuTu (but it was
>>fun!), but the best source of info and suggestions has to be
>>http://forums.pocketplane.net. You really can't go wrong there.
>

> Okay, I'll take a look.
>
> Thank you for responding so quickly. :)

Not a problem.

>>I do recall a brief discussion somewhere there about recommended mods
>>and installation order, but a quick search couldn't find it...
>

> I'm sure I'll find it. :)
>

>>As for functionality, Tutu is completely (almost) perfect now, and
>>you'll miss nothing from the original game (Even the 'green water bug'
>>is fixed).
>

> All right then.
>
> I just wasn't sure which 'bug fixes' to apply to the games before I
> started. Baldurdash has fixes for both Amn and Bhaal so you could probably
> see why I was scratching my head. (ie do I install the bug fixes for Amn
> before adding the expansion or install them both and use the Bhaal
> bugfixes? Oy!)

I should say one more thing then - The most recent tutu patch contains
the baldurdash fixes already. And I'm now remembering the 'tutu
fixpack' (which follows new releases of tutu) and the 'tutu tweak pack'
which adds other somewhat gamey things (like unlimited stacking). Both
can be reached or linked from pocketplane.net.

Good luck and have fun!

-layne

> Warewolf wrote:
>>
>> I just wasn't sure which 'bug fixes' to apply to the games before I
>> started. Baldurdash has fixes for both Amn and Bhaal so you could
>> probably see why I was scratching my head. (ie do I install the bug
>> fixes for Amn before adding the expansion or install them both and
>> use the Bhaal bugfixes? Oy!)
>>

> I should say one more thing then - The most recent tutu patch contains
> the baldurdash fixes already.

Really?

All right then. :)

> And I'm now remembering the 'tutu
> fixpack' (which follows new releases of tutu) and the 'tutu tweak
> pack' which adds other somewhat gamey things (like unlimited
> stacking). Both can be reached or linked from pocketplane.net.

So it's basically been boiled down to

1) fully install both games and expansions
2) patch them, if necessary
3) install Tutu and it's fixpack
4) enjoy.

I can live with that. X^D

I'll double check the posts on the pocketplane forums (particularly the
'list of compatible mods') before installing anything, though.

If Tutu still requires the 'fab four'...

- the BG1 Fixpack 1.1
- the TotSC Text update 1.1
- the TOB Fixpack 1.12
- the TOB Text Update 1.2

as was mentioned in the 'mod list', I'll be grabbing them as well, just
in case. :)

> Good luck and have fun!

Believe me, Beetlecat, I plan to.

*rub his hands with glee*