Neverwinter Nights

Last response: in Video Games
August 15, 2005 4:38:25 AM

I've played more MMORPGs then the average MMORPG player... just because I like to get a feel for whats out there. I played Neverwinter nights for 4 years, the game is the best I have played so far. It all depends on the server you play on. A friend of mine hosted the largest player based server on NWN... Fraghaus Krynn. It was enforced role play and character levels were kept low by requiring player-given training each level. The server used to have 96 out of 96 players on it at any given time, maybe some of you oldschool people remember it.

Although it was based on the Dragonlance novels, the players played a big part in changing the story line. There were heroes and vilians, wars against good and evil, the game was full PvP, which kept the role play... there were dire consequences for killing (player enforced consequences). Player owned houses, a very complex CNR crafting system. And active DMs that would play a part in the role play... as gods... as well as enforcing role play and preventing cheaters.

Neverwinter Nights is outdated, the worlds were divided by transition areas and the game engine is very old. Neverwinter Nights 2 is due to come out soon. When the game comes out... go to www.fraghaus.com and check up on the new Fraghaus Krynn... there numerous professional programmers that are part of the community and are already working on scripts for the new Fraghaus Krynn the persistant world. We also have a large active community in most of the mainstream MMORPGs and a Teamspeak Server IP: www.fraghaus.com

More about : neverwinter nights

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:47:19 PM

Slipper2020 wrote:

>I've played more MMORPGs then the average MMORPG player... just because I like to get a feel for whats out there. I played Neverwinter nights for 4 years, the game is the best I have played so far. It all depends on the server you play on. A friend of mine hosted the largest player based server on NWN... Fraghaus Krynn. It was enforced role play and character levels were kept low by requiring player-given training each level. The server used to have 96 out of 96 players on it at any given time, maybe some of you oldschool people remember it.

There are 4 aspects to NWN:
1. Included campaigns (just big modules)
2. Extra modules, theirs and 3rd party
3. Persistant Worlds (many of which are not persistant), sorta like uo
on a tiny scale
4. GM'd games, like the old P&P but with computers. Like mine:
http://quaestor-universe.org/Outlands.htm

To call NWN any one of these is to ignore most of its potential.

>Neverwinter Nights is outdated,

Depends on the players and GM's. Of course, if you mean PW or modules ...

I'm not at all sure I will go to NWN2. A GM'd game is not about
systems, but about people, GM, players, and the very real characters we
create.

--
Godwin is a net-nazi
Anonymous

Even though I am not a fan of 3.5 (we still play 3.0 PnP here) I'm
going with NWN 2 in hopes of serious improvements in the toolset and
better features for designing worlds and scenarios.
!