Sign in with
Your question

WirelessN Compared to WirelessG 10mb/s

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 6, 2013 5:25:11 AM

ok so i have a Netgear N600 Wireless ADSL2+ router on wireless a/b/g/n dual band and all that but what i want to know is will i get better performance if i use a WirelessN card over G on a 10 - 15mb/s connection gaming wise and will it b a great increase over the G causeif its not a HUGE increase then i wont waste my money on a newer card
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2013 5:31:20 AM

It will be better for gaming if you go with the N adapter , I can't say exactly what the increase will be but it will be a better and stronger signal with less interference. Yopu also run into the gigabits vs gigabytes terminology and that can make you think your not getting the same or as much so it's better to go with the N card.
m
l
January 6, 2013 5:34:14 AM

inzone said:
It will be better for gaming if you go with the N adapter , I can't say exactly what the increase will be but it will be a better and stronger signal with less interference. Yopu also run into the gigabits vs gigabytes terminology and that can make you think your not getting the same or as much so it's better to go with the N card.

yeah i know the difference between them it takes 8 Megabits the make 1 Megabyte and yeah i will get the N card and do you think i should get a dual band card type to improve it more i was thinking of going with the intel centrino dual band card what are your thoughts?
m
l
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2013 5:48:29 AM

The dual band gives you options where aa single band does not. In case there was interference or something you have the option to switch frequncies.
m
l
!