VTM Bloodlines -- can't grab the friggin key

I'm wondering if there is a trick to this or if it's one of the many bugs
that the game is reputed to have. I'm on the mission to the haunted house
and there is a nightstand with a key in it. But when I open the nightstand
it just closes right away and I can't take the key. The nightstand stays
open if I hold down "Use", but when I click "take" the window closes again
and I still don't have the key.

Also, there is a vase in the room, which I assume was supposed to break, but
it just keeps hitting me repeatedly and I can't destroy it.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Kevin C. wrote:

> and there is a nightstand with a key in it. But when I open the nightstand
> it just closes right away and I can't take the key. The nightstand stays
> open if I hold down "Use", but when I click "take" the window closes again

This is a bug which I don't think we can fix. You can circumvent it though
by holding down "use" and then right clicking on the object you want to
take. Then it should appear in the central window and you can click take.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Nostromo wrote:

> Thus spake Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de>, Tue, 16 Aug 2005
> 10:59:33 +0200, Anno Domini:
>
> >This is a bug which I don't think we can fix. You can circumvent it though
> >by holding down "use" and then right clicking on the object you want to
> >take. Then it should appear in the central window and you can click take.
>
> Strange...I don't recall any issues with this or having to do anything so
> fiddly as a workaround...hmmm...

In my game it only happened occasionally. Maybe you were just lucky and it
never happened to you ;)...

nostromo

Thus spake "Kevin C." <nomail@dot.com>, Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:08:55 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>I'm wondering if there is a trick to this or if it's one of the many bugs
>that the game is reputed to have. I'm on the mission to the haunted house
>and there is a nightstand with a key in it. But when I open the nightstand
>it just closes right away and I can't take the key. The nightstand stays
>open if I hold down "Use", but when I click "take" the window closes again
>and I still don't have the key.
>
>Also, there is a vase in the room, which I assume was supposed to break, but
>it just keeps hitting me repeatedly and I can't destroy it.

What version/patch are you runnin? I never had this problem & I think I only
had the last official patch from Troika + 1 extra fan patch. I've since
updated all the way to 1.6 I think.

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

nostromo