Dungeon Siege 2: Can you move like in Diablo?

Can you move your characters by holding down a mouse button or is it
still click click click everywhere?

Mike S. wrote:
> Can you move your characters by holding down a mouse button or is it
> still click click click everywhere?

It's sorta kinda like that, but for some reason I had a helluva time getting
used to the movement/view system in the demo and finally gave it up for that
reason. If the release version doesn't allow some ability to reconfigure
the movement controls, hopefully allowing WASD keboard movement, I guess
I'll pass on it.

--
chainbreaker

Mike S. <mike@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> Can you move your characters by holding down a mouse button or is it
> still click click click everywhere?

Judging from the original, it's probably RPG on railroad-tracks. I haven't
been tempted yet by Microsoft's variation of role playing.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

chainbreaker wrote:
> Mike S. wrote:
>
>>Can you move your characters by holding down a mouse button or is it
>>still click click click everywhere?
>

> It's sorta kinda like that, but for some reason I had a helluva time getting
> used to the movement/view system in the demo and finally gave it up for that
> reason. If the release version doesn't allow some ability to reconfigure
> the movement controls, hopefully allowing WASD keboard movement, I guess
> I'll pass on it.

It doesn't seem to allow it. They also seem to have removed the ability
to change the game speed. :( Fun game, though.

Cheers,
-joe.

I must be lost: I've passed the point of no
return three times in the last hour.

> It doesn't seem to allow it. They also seem to have removed the ability
> to change the game speed. :( Fun game, though.

Nope, it's there. They just changed the keys. Think you have to do Ctrl+ and
Ctrl- now...it's listed in the Key Bindings.

As for Diablo moving, the best you can do is map the "Move" (i.e. go
forward) command to a key or mouse button.
But no WASD.

Nordic Wally wrote:
>>It doesn't seem to allow it. They also seem to have removed the ability
>>to change the game speed. :( Fun game, though.
>

> Nope, it's there. They just changed the keys. Think you have to do Ctrl+ and
> Ctrl- now...it's listed in the Key Bindings.
>
> As for Diablo moving, the best you can do is map the "Move" (i.e. go
> forward) command to a key or mouse button.
> But no WASD.

That's really odd... it was those keys in the demo, but since installing
the full game, they aren't listed in the Key Bindings page of the options.
I'll have to have another look, because (one would think) it doesn't
seem to make any sense to have removed it....

Nordic Wally wrote:
>>It doesn't seem to allow it. They also seem to have removed the ability
>>to change the game speed. :( Fun game, though.
>

> Nope, it's there. They just changed the keys. Think you have to do Ctrl+ and
> Ctrl- now...it's listed in the Key Bindings.
>
> As for Diablo moving, the best you can do is map the "Move" (i.e. go
> forward) command to a key or mouse button.
> But no WASD.

Update - this from the README:

H. Manual Errata
Back Cover Lists Incorrect Hotkeys
The back cover of the manual lists hotkeys that increase or decrease the
game speed. Ignore these key commands; you cannot increase or decrease
the speed.

Bummer.

-joe.