How can you download and save pictures and quit Sprint?

Last response: in Network Providers
May 6, 2004 5:11:22 PM

Someone I know has soime pictures saved on her Sprint cell phone. It
is a two phone plan. It seems like if she cancelled even one of the
phones that would close her account and lose the pictures. At least
she thinks so. Does anyone know how to download the pictures saved on
Sprint and get them on her computer? Her CD-ROM drive is not now
working but saving it to a CD some place else would be okay. Are there
are places of business that do this? Will the download have all the
pixels?
May 7, 2004 12:37:21 AM

sammy.finkelman@relaynet.org (Sammy Finkelman) wrote in message news:<f5161c72.0405061211.2e1d2d22@posting.google.com>...
> Someone I know has soime pictures saved on her Sprint cell phone. It
> is a two phone plan. It seems like if she cancelled even one of the
> phones that would close her account and lose the pictures. At least
> she thinks so. Does anyone know how to download the pictures saved on
> Sprint and get them on her computer? Her CD-ROM drive is not now
> working but saving it to a CD some place else would be okay. Are there
> are places of business that do this? Will the download have all the
> pixels?

If you're trying to get them off the web site / pictures server, just
"share" them to your own email address before cancelling.

As for pulling them off the phone, try the same thing, "share" them to
your home email address, then you can save them locally on your
harddrive.

If you cancel the plan, and close the account, the pictures will still
be stored in the phone, but you won't be able to "share" them.
May 7, 2004 9:49:57 AM

Sammy Finkelman wrote:

> Someone I know has soime pictures saved on her Sprint cell phone. It
> is a two phone plan. It seems like if she cancelled even one of the
> phones that would close her account and lose the pictures. At least
> she thinks so. Does anyone know how to download the pictures saved on
> Sprint and get them on her computer? Her CD-ROM drive is not now
> working but saving it to a CD some place else would be okay. Are there
> are places of business that do this? Will the download have all the
> pixels?

If you want to save the pictures to a computer, visit
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com
login to the account.
The rest is self-explanatory.
-mike
May 7, 2004 6:39:43 PM

Sammy Finkelman wrote:

SF> Someone I know has soime pictures saved on her Sprint cell phone.
It
SF> is a two phone plan. It seems like if she cancelled even one of
the
SF> phones that would close her account and lose the pictures. At
least
SF> she thinks so. Does anyone know how to download the pictures saved
on
SF> Sprint and get them on her computer? Her CD-ROM drive is not now
SF> working but saving it to a CD some place else would be okay. Are
there
SF> are places of business that do this? Will the download have all
the
SF> pixels?

Mike:

> If you want to save the pictures to a computer, visit
> http://pictures.sprintpcs.com
> login to the account.
> The rest is self-explanatory.
> -mike

Well, the home page seems to mention uploading and sharing but not
downloading.

>> Here you will be able to upload and share pictures taken from any
PCS Vision >> Picture Phone with a built-in or attachable camera

What I am looking for is not sharing, but downloading. When a picture
is shared a link is mailed to an e-mail address, but NOT the picture
itself.
May 8, 2004 12:06:53 AM

sammy.finkelman@relaynet.org (Sammy Finkelman) wrote in message news:<f5161c72.0405071339.78e7cc6f@posting.google.com>...

> What I am looking for is not sharing, but downloading. When a picture
> is shared a link is mailed to an e-mail address, but NOT the picture
> itself.

Go view all your pictures online, even maximize them if you want,
right click and select "SAVE PICTURE AS".

That's a rather unconventional way of saving them.
May 8, 2004 2:16:53 AM

Sammy Finkelman wrote:

> Mike:
>

>>If you want to save the pictures to a computer, visit
>>http://pictures.sprintpcs.com
>>login to the account.
>>The rest is self-explanatory.
>>-mike
>

> Well, the home page seems to mention uploading and sharing but not
> downloading.

Did you log in?
-mike
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 3:08:51 PM

Mike:

If you want to save the pictures to a computer, visit
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com
login to the account.

The rest is self-explanatory.
mike

> Sammy Finkelman wrote:
>

SF> Well, the home page seems to mention uploading and sharing but not
SF> downloading.

Mike:

> Did you log in?
> -mike

No, but these are not my pictures or my account. I did get pictures
e-mailed to me once from that had been uploaded from a Sprint phone,
and when the account was closed for nonpayment the pictures
disappeared too from Hotmail. They were not really there.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 3:34:26 PM

pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek)

TG> Go view all your pictures online, even maximize them if you want,
TG> right click and select "SAVE PICTURE AS".

Does Sprint have some kind of "SAVE PICTURE AS" option? I don't know -
I haven't used that web page. If Sprint allows you to save the
pictures is it the entire file or a smaller one with less detail? Have
you done this?

TG> That's a rather unconventional way of saving them.

Well, what about saving the entire web page (which saves all the
associated files)

Are you sure that will work? Or will this turn out to be more like
Amazon.com pictures of book pages which can't even be printed?
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:07:58 PM

"Sammy Finkelman" <sammy.finkelman@relaynet.org> wrote in message
> sammy.finkelman@relaynet.org (Sammy Finkelman) wrote
>
> SF> What I am looking for is not sharing, but downloading. When a
> picture
> SF> is shared a link is mailed to an e-mail address, but NOT the
> picture
> SF> itself.
>
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek)
>
> TG> Go view all your pictures online, even maximize them if you want,
> TG> right click and select "SAVE PICTURE AS".
>
> Does Sprint have some kind of "SAVE PICTURE AS" option? I don't know -
> I haven't used that web page. If Sprint allows you to save the
> pictures is it the entire file or a smaller one with less detail? Have
> you done this?
>
> TG> That's a rather unconventional way of saving them.
>
> Well, what about saving the entire web page (which saves all the
> associated files)
>
> Are you sure that will work? Or will this turn out to be more like
> Amazon.com pictures of book pages which can't even be printed?

Oh, it works alright. After you have uploaded the picture to your vault, you
go to pictures.sprintpcs.com on your computer and sign in. Your picture will
show up. From that point, you can edit the picture, right click the picture
and save the picture to your hard drive.

Bob
!