PCS Window Mount Antenna

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=17-372

> I am wondering if anyone here as ever used this antenna for either a PCS
> telephone or a wireless aircard. If so, how well does it work?

I used to sell them when i was at RadioShack in Houston (though sparingly),
but the only customers who seemed to like them where those who lived in the
far suburbs or out of the city proper, where coverage was a little lacking.
Other than the afformentioned scenario, other folks who bought them brought
them back. This is an old/devalued/discontinued merchandise, and the BNC
phone connectors available at the Shack fit the old PCS Nokias, old Ericsson
PCS phones and old Motorola MicroTac and StarTac.
As for wireless aircards, i can't think of how you'd interface the antenna's
BNC connector to a cellular PC card and i have not tried it.

Mike

Splendid

J&D Schnoor wrote:

> I was at Radio Shack today because they have the $5 coupon on their
> web-page:
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/images/homepage/coupon5.htm
>
> I then found a PCS Window Mount Antenna:
>

> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=17-372
>
> I am wondering if anyone here as ever used this antenna for either a PCS
> telephone or a wireless aircard. If so, how well does it work?

It seems my vision worked quite a bit faster when my Wilson magnet mount
antenna was connected. Could be my imagination, but I did quite a bit
better at wapspeed.com. Meant almost nothing to voice performance and I
didn't notice any change in my overall coverage, except one time when I
used it on a metal plate near the window of my stucco-walled apartment.
I've changed phones, and I haven't found an antenna adapter for my new
handset.
-mike