Power Quest online rpg? Or what *was* it's name?

There was a game where you would run it on your computer, and
everything was automated. It would give you a running tally of your
current xp, how many monsters you killed, etc - no graphics to speak of
except the continually updating stats as the game "levelled" you up.
The only real choices you have is at the beginning you named your
character, and chose his class, and the more you ran the program, the
more it was able to level you.

It was kind of a joke, except thousands of people started playing it.
You could go to the main website and see what rank you were compared to
all the other "players" - I say players, but basically, the more you
ran the client on your machine, the higher in level you became.

Anyways, this was 2-5 years ago I think, and I thought the game was
called PowerQuest - but I may be misremembering it.

Does anyone else remember this "game"? Are there any traces of it left
on the internet anywhere? Any articles or reviews talking about it,
and cached or google searchable webpages? Or is it even still going
somewhere and is the game client still downloadable?

-Sindyr

Thusly benn@4efix.com Spake Unto All:

>There was a game where you would run it on your computer, and
>everything was automated.

World of Warcraft. No, wait, Progress Quest.
http://www.progressquest.com/

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

WareWolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

One other notable title is StatBuilder, a Diablo parody that basically had
you clicking on a single button as often as possible. Along with some
appropriate klangs and zaps simulating a series of battles, a text box
would come up on occasion asking you if you wanted to keep a particular
'treasure' - Click 'yes' and you kept going; Click 'no' and the game would
insult you before letting you continue.

Although I found it tedious after a while, it was an interesting diversion
that provided more than a few chuckles.

If you can't find the original site, you can download it from freeware
sites like Gamehippo.

Ciao for now.

Signed,
Warewolf

On 20-8-2005 1:22, benn@4efix.com wrote:
> There was a game where you would run it on your computer, and
> everything was automated. It would give you a running tally of your
> current xp, how many monsters you killed, etc - no graphics to speak of
> except the continually updating stats as the game "levelled" you up.
> The only real choices you have is at the beginning you named your
> character, and chose his class, and the more you ran the program, the
> more it was able to level you.
>
> It was kind of a joke, except thousands of people started playing it.
> You could go to the main website and see what rank you were compared to
> all the other "players" - I say players, but basically, the more you
> ran the client on your machine, the higher in level you became.
>
> Anyways, this was 2-5 years ago I think, and I thought the game was
> called PowerQuest - but I may be misremembering it.
>
> Does anyone else remember this "game"? Are there any traces of it left
> on the internet anywhere? Any articles or reviews talking about it,
> and cached or google searchable webpages? Or is it even still going
> somewhere and is the game client still downloadable?
>
> -Sindyr

ProgressQuest - I am running a level 43 Half Orc, Mage Illusioner at
this very moment.

--
Bow before me, for I am root.

Thusly Chris de Bruin <news@cdb.demon.nl-nospam> Spake Unto All:

>ProgressQuest - I am running a level 43 Half Orc, Mage Illusioner at
>this very moment.

Better not mess with my Crested Dwarf Ur-paladin, because although
he's only level 20, he can cast 'animate bedstand' and 'tumor
(benign)' with the best of them!

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal
with european opposition to the war in Iraq. 2003.

TRENDING THREADS