Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sprint PCS Early Termination Fee ?

Tags:
  • Sprint PCS
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 2:15:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
(AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
the contract before the contract term is up .

More about : sprint pcs early termination fee

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 2:23:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
wrote:

> I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
> (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
> the contract before the contract term is up .

$300 if you cancel both phones.

Each phone will now have its own "Advantage Agreement" and $150 ETF.
May 7, 2004 2:23:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

are you looking at staying with sprint and just changing plans? If so, you
don't have to cancel anything, you'll just have to resign a contract, unless
they have changed it.

Capt.


"Robert M." <Rmm@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
news:Rmm-0EDA66.05235407052004@news4.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
> wrote:
>
> > I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
> > (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
> > the contract before the contract term is up .
>
> $300 if you cancel both phones.
>
> Each phone will now have its own "Advantage Agreement" and $150 ETF.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 10:25:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Thats what I needed to know. It wasn't completely clear to me . With
an ETF $ 300 I will mostlike pass on the 2 year contract .

On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:23:55 GMT, "Robert M." <Rmm@peoplepc.com>
wrote:

>In article <409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
>wrote:
>
>> I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
>> (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
>> the contract before the contract term is up .
>
>$300 if you cancel both phones.
>
> Each phone will now have its own "Advantage Agreement" and $150 ETF.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 10:25:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <409bd4af.33801363@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
wrote:

> Thats what I needed to know. It wasn't completely clear to me . With
> an ETF $ 300 I will mostlike pass on the 2 year contract .

Depends what you are asking. There is no ETF now to change plans. or are
you asking about possibly cancelling while in the new 2 year contract,
at which time you would be subject to an ETF for each phone.


>
> On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:23:55 GMT, "Robert M."
> wrote:
>
> >In article <409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
> >> (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
> >> the contract before the contract term is up .
> >
> >$300 if you cancel both phones.
> >
> > Each phone will now have its own "Advantage Agreement" and $150 ETF.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 10:52:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
> I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
> (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
> the contract before the contract term is up .

Most likely $175 per phone. Why do you ask? Do you intend to cancel?
You have 14 days to test out the service (although I think 30 days is
more appropriate).

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFAm9rW1p0e3NXsrtERAszbAJ4rf5b/NkSUicCIrNswhafZynx3IgCeJL/+
7+VmGTA3BKOvazkZpuWRN1Y=
=driB
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
May 7, 2004 10:52:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

(Thomas T. Veldhouse) wrote:
<<Most likely $175 per phone. Why do you ask? Do you intend to cancel?
You have 14 days to test out the service (although I think 30 days is
more appropriate). >>

Actually, Sprint's ETF is $150 per phone/line. I believe Verizon's is
$175.

To the OP: You have 14 days to try out the service and if you don't like
it, you can cancel and get a refund on the cost of the phones. You do
have to pay the activation fees (if applicable) and for service used.
You can change service plans for either or both lines, but be careful...
some plan changes require a new 2-year agreement, so make sure you ask
the rep when changing plans if you are also signing a new agreement or
not.

Eric
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 2:42:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Thsi would be a new contract . Sprint PCS and the other 1900mhz
Atlanta providers (ATTWS, T-mobile, MetroPCS) just don't work great
where I live (a hilly and tree laden north metro Atlanta suburb )
the plan with Vision , FCA, 1 AAP is attractive to me . I just wanted
to know what it would cost me to get out if I decided to.

On Fri, 7 May 2004 09:03:14 -0500, "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

>are you looking at staying with sprint and just changing plans? If so, you
>don't have to cancel anything, you'll just have to resign a contract, unless
>they have changed it.
>
>Capt.
>
>
>"Robert M." <Rmm@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>news:Rmm-0EDA66.05235407052004@news4.west.earthlink.net...
>> In article <409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
>> > (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
>> > the contract before the contract term is up .
>>
>> $300 if you cancel both phones.
>>
>> Each phone will now have its own "Advantage Agreement" and $150 ETF.
>
>
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 3:35:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> (Thomas?T.?Veldhouse) wrote:
> <<Most likely $175 per phone. Why do you ask? Do you intend to cancel?
> You have 14 days to test out the service (although I think 30 days is
> more appropriate). >>
>
> Actually, Sprint's ETF is $150 per phone/line. I believe Verizon's is
> $175.

Correct, and correct.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 3:44:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

nospam4me@nospam.com wrote in news:409b61ac.4354508@news.myjoi.net:

> I am looking at getting an 1800 minute plan with a free add a phone
> (AAP) to be shared . What will be my cancellation fee if I cancel
> the contract before the contract term is up .

After many years with SprintPCS, I cancelled and switched to Nextel. I
was in the middle of the contract and the cancellation fee was $150, but
with all the taxes and other nickel & dime charges, it came close to
$170 or so.

I live in the DFW area and I got tired of all the dropped calls/calls
going straight to voicemail without phone ringing, etc. The past 6
months things got worse. I tried changing phones, no luck. I think
Sprint did what Sprint does best - over sell their capacity. They became
too unreliable for me.

I've had Nextel for a month now. I've had a few dropped calls, but not
anywhere close to the amount I was getting with Sprint. Nextel's browser
is much, much faster than SprintPCS's. I've also had 4 family members
dump Sprint in favor of Nextel, so far there are no regrets.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 3:44:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com> wrote:

> I live in the DFW area and I got tired of all the dropped calls/calls
> going straight to voicemail without phone ringing, etc. The past 6
> months things got worse. I tried changing phones, no luck. I think
> Sprint did what Sprint does best - over sell their capacity. They became
> too unreliable for me.

Judging from reports here, there are certain parts of Texas with which
Sprint has some problems. I don't know where the OP is, though.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 7:38:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:
> Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com> wrote:
>
>> I live in the DFW area and I got tired of all the dropped calls/calls
>> going straight to voicemail without phone ringing, etc. The past 6
>> months things got worse. I tried changing phones, no luck. I think
>> Sprint did what Sprint does best - over sell their capacity. They became
>> too unreliable for me.
>
> Judging from reports here, there are certain parts of Texas with which
> Sprint has some problems. I don't know where the OP is, though.
>

Texas is a big, and mostly empty place ....

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFAnP7y1p0e3NXsrtERAtMiAJwNyT7karH3cJC9ilNbmfz+9+wnTACfWtvf
GMwxcNkpsCAxlFOiixHbMkk=
=vMYE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
!