Sign in with
Your question

Usb ports not working after reboot, but if I let the laptop battery drain and th

Last response: in Windows 7
June 10, 2012 12:55:03 PM

After updating drivers using DriverMax, my usb ports stopped working. I tried all the suggestions on web, the only thing that work was allowing HP laptop to run on batter y until it died. When I plug in AC power the usb ports work, until the next restart and then I have to repeat...
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 10, 2012 2:07:43 PM

Norm_55 said:
After updating drivers using DriverMax, my usb ports stopped working. I tried all the suggestions on web, the only thing that work was allowing HP laptop to run on batter y until it died. When I plug in AC power the usb ports work, until the next restart and then I have to repeat...

Did Drivermax update the USB Controller ? That is probably your problem, unless it was just a coincidence.
m
l
June 10, 2012 10:14:41 PM

I've uninstalled/re-installed the USB controllers and problem still exists. I'm running Windows 7. The battery thing has me confused...
m
l
June 13, 2012 3:08:53 PM

Norm_55 said:
I've uninstalled/re-installed the USB controllers and problem still exists. I'm running Windows 7. The battery thing has me confused...

Have you verified that the power settings are good? Try setting the power option to 'High Performance", and possibly change the 'USB selective suspend' setting to disabled. Perhaps the system is powering the ports down?
m
l
!