Sign in with
Your question

PF Sense Virtual Router

February 28, 2013 1:41:39 PM

Hey guys,
I'm trying to setup a virtual router in Hyper-v with MS server 2012. I'm using pfsense 2.0.2 and managed to get it installed on a virtual drive with two virtual legacy lan ports connected to different networks.

de0 is connect to a virtual network called "WAN network" that is set to external network and connected to a physical NIC which is connected to a network with a router already installed.

de1 is connected to a private virtual switch i called "router intranet". I have an ubuntu and win7 vm that is connected to that virtual switch.

So far, the pfsense vm router is able to get a ip address from my LAN's physical router and is able to ping www.google.com.

What I haven't been able to do is get the other two VM's connected to the router or appear to be connected. the PFsense has set the VNIC connected to the router intranet as a LAN nic, maybe that isn't right? The 2 VM's aren't able to connect to the router and get an IP address. Is it possible to route in hyper-v? DHCP guard and router guard are turned off on all NIC's.

I can take screenshots if need be. Do you guys know what the issue is ?

I'm using a virtual router to learn about pfsense features from first hand experience. It won't be going into a work environment until I know it's stability/performance.

More about : sense virtual router

!