Re. Coverage in Maine

Bob Keenan <rckeenan@NNoSPAMMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<_6mdnShiCOhx9QHdRVn-uQ@comcast.com>...
> Still hoping and waiting that Sprint puts coverage up to Lewiston, Maine
> area which is about an hour from Portland. Verizon is killing me with
> their lack of 'new' phones.

(Sorry about the header change, for some reason it won't let me post
with a "Re:" in the start of the subject line).

I do not think they've gone as far north into Maine as
Lewiston-Auburn. Last time I was there (roughly 2 years ago) they had
coverage in Portland and Freeport, but it dropped off after there, I
don't remember if I had service in Augusta or not, but I do know there
was nothing in Bangor / Orono & further up the air strip.

Down-east Maine was spotty, too.

>I do not think they've gone as far north into Maine as
>Lewiston-Auburn. Last time I was there (roughly 2 years ago) they had
>coverage in Portland and Freeport, but it dropped off after there, I
>don't remember if I had service in Augusta or not, but I do know there
>was nothing in Bangor / Orono & further up the air strip.
>
>Down-east Maine was spotty, too.

I was just in Bangor a few weeks ago. No Sprint. No Nextel. No Verizon.
--
Dave
Visit my New England Cell Phone Page at