• Configuration
  • Wireless
  • Connection
  • Computers
  • Modem
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 7, 2013 7:38:26 AM

Could a 1394 net adapter wireless be the reason my wireless modem will not connect to my computer?

More about : 1394 net adapter wireless

a b F Wireless
January 7, 2013 4:10:06 PM

What is the brand and model of the adapter ? What is the brand and model of the router ?
Is this adapter from a buisness environment , off a server set up ?
m
l
April 17, 2013 9:28:32 AM

inzone said:
What is the brand and model of the adapter ? What is the brand and model of the router ?
Is this adapter from a buisness environment , off a server set up ?

I have a similar problem. I have my Sony Vaio on wireless and want to connect my old Dell Inspiron 9300 as well but it keeps failing with the error message 'error in connection process'. All the detail are correct. I see that the 1349 New Adapter has red cross through it under Device Manager and also wondered if this was the problem. I have been looking for a couple of days on the internet for a solution and I am now confused! As you can tell I am VERY new to 'wireless'. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b F Wireless
April 17, 2013 9:57:20 AM

I'm not sure how the 1394 (firewire) interface could interfere w/ wireless, but let's assume that's the case. Simply disable the 1394 interface in Device Manager, or perhaps the BIOS (if it's onboard the motherboard chipset, it can often be enabled/disables there) so Windows doesn't even see it. In most cases, ppl aren’t using the 1394 interface anyway. It’s mostly an Apple artifact that has outlasted its usefulness.
m
l
April 17, 2013 10:59:10 AM

eibgrad said:
I'm not sure how the 1394 (firewire) interface could interfere w/ wireless, but let's assume that's the case. Simply disable the 1394 interface in Device Manager, or perhaps the BIOS (if it's onboard the motherboard chipset, it can often be enabled/disables there) so Windows doesn't even see it. In most cases, ppl aren’t using the 1394 interface anyway. It’s mostly an Apple artifact that has outlasted its usefulness.

Hi - it's already disabled........
m
l
a b F Wireless
April 17, 2013 11:20:53 AM

A red X will appear on any device that's not enabled, so being disabled it cannot have an effect on any process. With the Dell laptop you may have to enable the wireless adaptor by pressing the Wireless key on the keyboard. At the top row of the keyboard you'll see in a different color some symbols on various keys, look for the wireless symbol and while pressing the Fn key press the wireless key one time to enable, press again to disable.
m
l
April 17, 2013 12:37:39 PM

inzone said:
A red X will appear on any device that's not enabled, so being disabled it cannot have an effect on any process. With the Dell laptop you may have to enable the wireless adaptor by pressing the Wireless key on the keyboard. At the top row of the keyboard you'll see in a different color some symbols on various keys, look for the wireless symbol and while pressing the Fn key press the wireless key one time to enable, press again to disable.

Hi - thanks but wireless is already on...... it connects then tells me I have the error as described in my first post.
m
l
!