Closed

PCB design software?

Last response: in Home Audio
January 25, 2005 11:09:39 AM

Hi folks:

Can anyone recommend a good Windows 98SE-compatible program for cheap or
free that I can use to lay out simple printed circuit boards and generate
proper Gerber files? No more than two layers, usually only one with printing
on the component side. TIA!

Peace,
Paul

More about : pcb design software

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:35:07 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:09:39 GMT, Paul Stamler wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> Can anyone recommend a good Windows 98SE-compatible program for cheap or
> free that I can use to lay out simple printed circuit boards and generate
> proper Gerber files? No more than two layers, usually only one with printing
> on the component side. TIA!
>
> Peace,
> Paul

Check out sci.electronics.cad. A lot of people there swear by the Eagle
demo version. It's free, and apparently fairly full-featured and capable of
generating small, simple PCB's.

Bob
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 9:40:48 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:09:39 GMT, in rec.audio.pro "Paul Stamler"
<pstamlerhell@pobox.com> wrote:

>Hi folks:
>
>Can anyone recommend a good Windows 98SE-compatible program for cheap or
>free that I can use to lay out simple printed circuit boards and generate
>proper Gerber files? No more than two layers, usually only one with printing
>on the component side. TIA!
>
>Peace,
>Paul

Hi paul
have a look at terry pinnels page
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/terrypin/ECADList.html
if you dont find what you want post to sci.electronics.design

martin

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.