My WiFi works with everything except my PC

phnx51

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
My WiFi works with my Sony Reader, Kindle and iPod Touch but I can't access the internet from my Vista PC. Verizon says the problem is my computer. Any thoughts on the problem or possible solutions?

Some more info would be helpful.
What brand and model of desktop.
What model and brand of router.
What have you done to this point to trouble shoot.
Have you entered the network password into the desktop and is the network adapter enabled.
Has the desktop previously been able to access the internet through what you have now for service and network.

phnx51

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
You're right; I should have included more info. eMachine model ET1161-O3 (or 5). AMD Processor LE 1640. The modem is a D-Link from Verizon. The computer also seems to hae an LSI PCI SV928P Soft Modem.

I've turned everything off for (more than) 10 seconds and rebooted. WiFi works but PC can't connect. Changed ethernet cable twice. Checked all connections more than once. Verizon ran some tests from their side and concluded the problem was my PC; I don't know which tests they ran.

I'm thinking maybe the modem card?

phnx51

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

You're right; I should have included more info. eMachine model ET1161-O3 (or 5). AMD Processor LE 1640. The modem is a D-Link from Verizon. The computer also seems to hae an LSI PCI SV928P Soft Modem.

I've turned everything off for (more than) 10 seconds and rebooted. WiFi works but PC can't connect. Changed ethernet cable twice. Checked all connections more than once. Verizon ran some tests from their side and concluded the problem was my PC; I don't know which tests they ran.

I'm thinking maybe the modem card?

phnx51

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

The PC is part of a network in that I have the PC and use WiFi for my Kindle and iPod; it is not connected to another PC. I'll have to check but I believe I don't have a password. I've accessed the internet multiple times using this same configuration; it just stopped working one day after it had been turned off for several days.

TRENDING THREADS