DS2/ WinXP Problem

Windows XP does not recognize disk2 of virtually any programme I use.
If I turn off XP and put the next disk in then it will read it. DS 2
has 4 disks and the computer will not read anything after disk one.
The disks are fine. Anyone had this as a problem? Any fixes? Please
help soonest.

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about winxp problem

    On 25 Aug 2005 00:55:40 -0700, theta@bigpond.net.au wrote:

    >Windows XP does not recognize disk2 of virtually any programme I use.
    >If I turn off XP and put the next disk in then it will read it. DS 2
    >has 4 disks and the computer will not read anything after disk one.
    >The disks are fine. Anyone had this as a problem? Any fixes? Please
    >help soonest.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Sounds like a problem with your optical drive. Anyhow, to get around it
    make a folder called DS2 or something in a temporary location. Copy the
    files from the CD1 to it. Find the resources folder you just copied to
    the harddrive. From the other CDs copy all the files in their
    \files\resources folders into it. It doesn't matter if you have to reboot
    between attempts to recognize the CDs because you're just making an
    install folder. Once that's done, make sure CD1 is recognizable but
    install the game from the folder you created. Once you're done installing
    and can play the game, delete the temporary folder. Either leave the CD1
    in the drive for the copy protection, or go get a no-cd crack from
    gamecopyworld.com or megagames.com
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Thanks. I will try this. What is an optical drive?

    On 25 Aug 2005 13:51:57 -0700, "snowwhite" <theta@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >Thanks. I will try this. What is an optical drive?

    CD, DVD, etc.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/