DS2/ WinXP Problem

Windows XP does not recognize disk2 of virtually any programme I use.
If I turn off XP and put the next disk in then it will read it. DS 2
has 4 disks and the computer will not read anything after disk one.
The disks are fine. Anyone had this as a problem? Any fixes? Please
help soonest.

Thanks in advance

On 25 Aug 2005 00:55:40 -0700, theta@bigpond.net.au wrote:

>Windows XP does not recognize disk2 of virtually any programme I use.
>If I turn off XP and put the next disk in then it will read it. DS 2
>has 4 disks and the computer will not read anything after disk one.
>The disks are fine. Anyone had this as a problem? Any fixes? Please
>help soonest.
>
>Thanks in advance

Sounds like a problem with your optical drive. Anyhow, to get around it
make a folder called DS2 or something in a temporary location. Copy the
files from the CD1 to it. Find the resources folder you just copied to
the harddrive. From the other CDs copy all the files in their
\files\resources folders into it. It doesn't matter if you have to reboot
between attempts to recognize the CDs because you're just making an
install folder. Once that's done, make sure CD1 is recognizable but
install the game from the folder you created. Once you're done installing
and can play the game, delete the temporary folder. Either leave the CD1
in the drive for the copy protection, or go get a no-cd crack from
gamecopyworld.com or megagames.com
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Thanks. I will try this. What is an optical drive?

On 25 Aug 2005 13:51:57 -0700, "snowwhite" <theta@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Thanks. I will try this. What is an optical drive?

CD, DVD, etc.