"New for you" on SprintPCS webpages

Last response: in Network Providers
May 9, 2004 3:26:31 PM

"New for You" 18 month upgrade program is now on the SprintPCS website:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ueContent.jsp?scTopic...
am

and I believe is correctly interpreted at
http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com (an independent website)

The SprintPCS plan requires longer service than the plan where AT&TWS
will offer a new phone free after only 12 months for its customers.
http://www.awscustomersfirst.com/
The SprintPCS plan is better in that it can be used for any phone, not
just those models the carrier choses.

=============

EDITORIAL comments:

What I believe would be a winner and make SprintPCS standout from its
competition, is if they'd extend the phone warranty's to 18 months, and
for maybe a $25 fee, make it a "no questions asked" warranty covering
everything and anything except loss, theft or aggregious negligence (run
over by a car).

Most users if honest will admit to dropping their phone a few times over
its lifetime or using it outdoors on a hot day and profusely sweating on
it. Phone warranty's ideally should cover real world use, and a NO
QUESTIONS ASKED warranty would do away with a common user frustration at
cellular carriers.

SprintPCS is trying to address surprise bills due to high over limit or
roaming fees, and if they could address phone longevity uniquely, that
could help them.

Another option I think should be offered is to allow a customer (with
credit approval) to spread out the cost of a new phone over 6 months.

More about : sprintpcs webpages

May 9, 2004 3:26:32 PM

Rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Robert M) wrote:
<<What I believe would be a winner and make SprintPCS standout from its
competition, is if they'd extend the phone warranty's to 18 months, and
for maybe a $25 fee, make it a "no questions asked" warranty covering
everything and anything except loss, theft or aggregious negligence (run
over by a car).
Most users if honest will admit to dropping their phone a few times over
its lifetime or using it outdoors on a hot day and profusely sweating on
it. Phone warranty's ideally should cover real world use, and a NO
QUESTIONS ASKED warranty would do away with a common user frustration at
cellular carriers. >>

Agreed. I think this would be a good thing... especially since the "New
for YOU" promo is an 18-month period, where a phone's warranty is only
12 months. That leaves six months where something can go wrong with the
phone, and thus if you get a replacement... it would then possibly
disqualify you from the "New for YOU" program.

<<SprintPCS is trying to address surprise bills due to high over limit
or roaming fees, and if they could address phone longevity uniquely,
that could help them. >>

I think Sprint is working to try to make things better for their
customers. This "extra minute blocks" they are starting opposed to per
minute overage charges -- while not for everyone -- can definately help
some people who consistently go over their limit. Or if one has an
emergency in one month that causes them to go over by 30 minutes or
so... this plan would be more cost effective than a per minute overage
rate.

I also think that stopping charging for *4 is a *great* move. Even
though many people call *4 during their N&W period, it has still be a
big point for critics of Sprint to use against them... dropping the
airtme charges to check minute usage (even though it is something that
probably shouldn't have even been implemented like the short-lived $3
Customer Service charge for Clear Pay customers) is a great move.

Eric
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 7:25:10 PM

In article <9602-409E2FD6-46@storefull-3234.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> I also think that stopping charging for *4 is a *great* move. Even
> though many people call *4 during their N&W period, it has still be a
> big point for critics of Sprint to use against them... dropping the
> airtme charges to check minute usage (even though it is something that
> probably shouldn't have even been implemented like the short-lived $3
> Customer Service charge for Clear Pay customers) is a great move.

If you check the other carrier's Newsgroups, you'll often see complaints
about one's inability to check usage, or the inaccuracy of the
information supplied to the user. Seems like the other carriers are
about where SprintPCS was when I first signed with them ~5 years ago.

That would mean SprintPCS is 5 years ahead of the other carriers. Being
able to check your useage on the web and with *4, is one thing SprintPCS
got right ! The web information has steadily improved over time. It now
seems to be almost real time, and also correct for shared minute plans.
May 9, 2004 7:25:11 PM

Rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Robert M) wrote:
<<If you check the other carrier's Newsgroups, you'll often see
complaints about one's inability to check usage, or the inaccuracy of
the information supplied to the user. Seems like the other carriers are
about where SprintPCS was when I first signed with them ~5 years ago.
Being able to check your useage on the web and with *4, is one thing
SprintPCS got right ! (snip) >>

One of my friends was hit with a huge overage with Verizon on his first
actual bill... because VZW's minute usage tracking was only updated
every 48 hours. I don't know if it is still like that... but he was
unaware what was going on, thought he had more minutes left than he did,
and got socked with a large overage bill.

Sprint's *4 is updated about every hour as far as I can tell, and that
is among the best in the cellular world. And now that it is completely
free to use at any time, that is even better.

Eric
!