Sign in with
Your question

I get constant .dll errors related to direct x!

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Directx
  • DLL
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 10, 2012 5:25:48 PM

I have been getting these .dll errors since Civ5, then Deus X HR, then on far cry 2 if i switch to dx10. i fixed the civ5 and DXHR dlls they dont happen anymore. and it seems every time i download something new i get a .dll error. when trying to install the morrowind graphics and sound overhaul mod i got a .dll error during the auto installation!!!!! during the distant land setup to be exact. and i think it was the d3d9_42.dll compiler or something. please help. this is getting out of hand. im afraid now to even buy games because of these errors occurring.

EDIT: the error reads "C:\windows\system32\d3dcompiler_42.dll is not designed to run on windows or contains an error" etc etc.

More about : constant dll errors related direct

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 10, 2012 6:11:45 PM

When you download "free" junk from the internet, you can expect lots of problems.
But you have decided to do that anyway.
Your antivirus or security may be preventing the downloads from installing, turn it ALL off before installing.
(I take no responsibility for the typical malware contained in these downloads)
Then if you have multiple security programs, there are probably conflicts.

Just because somebody offers a download does not mean it will work, or that it is safe to install it.

"im afraid now to even buy games because of these errors occurring."

If you put that stuff into your system, expect errors.
m
l
June 10, 2012 6:26:14 PM

soundguruman said:
When you download "free" junk from the internet, you can expect lots of problems.
But you have decided to do that anyway.
Your antivirus or security may be preventing the downloads from installing, turn it ALL off before installing.
(I take no responsibility for the typical malware contained in these downloads)
Then if you have multiple security programs, there are probably conflicts.

Just because somebody offers a download does not mean it will work, or that it is safe to install it.

"im afraid now to even buy games because of these errors occurring."

If you put that stuff into your system, expect errors.

i dont think you understand what im saying. i have been getting direct x dll errors since i downloaded civ 5 from steam. all of these games were from steam except morrowind. which was on cd. i randomly get dll errors everytime i BUY a new game. and its really annoying. i havent pirated anything. yes the morrowind mod is free. but it came from a highly respected modder himself, and i downloaded it from a popular site. i know the mod isnt the problem. i think its something with my windows.
m
l
!