Planescape: Torment - Curiosity shop - Blue book?

Toby

No spoilers please, I'm playing PS:T for the second time, but have largely
forgotten the plot.

I've just got to the Curiosity Shop in Upper Ward, and find available
to me a "blue book" that contains "cheats". Also, there is a dagger
which will allow me to "finish the game".

Are these things added in by the 3rd-party patch I installed? They
rather stick out like a sore thumb, and I don't remember seeing
them 1st time around (when I played using only official patches)

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

>No spoilers please, I'm playing PS:T for the second time, but have largely
>forgotten the plot.
>
>I've just got to the Curiosity Shop in Upper Ward, and find available
>to me a "blue book" that contains "cheats". Also, there is a dagger
>which will allow me to "finish the game".

Well those things have never been in the game when I've played.

What patches have you installed?

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

Toby

On 2005-08-26, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>No spoilers please, I'm playing PS:T for the second time, but have largely
>>forgotten the plot.
>>
>>I've just got to the Curiosity Shop in Upper Ward, and find available
>>to me a "blue book" that contains "cheats". Also, there is a dagger
>>which will allow me to "finish the game".
>
> Well those things have never been in the game when I've played.
>
> What patches have you installed?

Official patch
Platter's Fix Pack
Restoration Pack

all taken from http://www.planescape-vengeance.net

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.
Ignore any mail delivery error.

Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

>>>I've just got to the Curiosity Shop in Upper Ward, and find available
>>>to me a "blue book" that contains "cheats". Also, there is a dagger
>>>which will allow me to "finish the game".
>>
>> Well those things have never been in the game when I've played.
>>
>> What patches have you installed?
>
>Official patch
>Platter's Fix Pack
>Restoration Pack
>
>all taken from http://www.planescape-vengeance.net

One of the patches definitely, but I don't know which one.

The restoration pack description is that "This file will restore a
collection of spells, items etc. that, for one reason or another, did
not make it into the final version of Planescape: Torment." and the
items you describe sound like beta-testing stuff which would've been
removed in the final game.

On the other hand Platter has made a lot of patches for PS:T, one of
which is "This is a book that you can 'talk' to. It has several
options, like changing your character's stats, alignment, class,
money, experience, health status, location and available party
members. It can give you many useful items including some items that
were not included in the game, and all of the game's spell scrolls
from levels 5-9."

FWIW, I only installed the official v1.1 patch and this one:
http://www.planescape-torment.org/
and didn't have the objects you mention.

--

Toby wrote:
> No spoilers please, I'm playing PS:T for the second time, but have
> largely forgotten the plot.

ROFLMAO!!!

WareWolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

"BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> wrote in news:5SMPe.19627$%w.14181
@twister.nyc.rr.com:

> Toby wrote:
>> No spoilers please, I'm playing PS:T for the second time, but have
>> largely forgotten the plot.
>
> ROFLMAO!!!

What can change the nature of a man? (besides a kick to the crotch)

Your job is to find out.

Shall I elaborate further? :)

Signed,
Warewolf

>What can change the nature of a man?

To 10 Answers:

10) Castration.
9) Curious about the manmeat section at the adult video store.
8) Rocky Horror Picture Show.
7) The Crying Game.
6) "Dressed up as a woman once, it felt natural."
5) Thinking about Hillary Clinton, naked.
4) "My, what a nice window treatment you have".
3) "A then there was just one thing left to do:
ding a ding dang my dang along ding dong"
2) "And will you take her, uh... as your lawfully wedded, uh, other?"
1) Regret