Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fable The Lost Chapters PC comes this way

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 3:25:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Fable The Lost Chapters" for the PC is allready around in certain corners
of the Internet...
And looks like the widely given September 20th release date is for real..
Would people who know Fable say whether a Morrowind / Gothic fan should be
excited at its arrival ????
Luv mouse
@@@@@

More about : fable lost chapters

August 28, 2005 7:35:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 2005-08-26, Trimble Bracegirdle <NOspam@spam.not> wrote:
> "Fable The Lost Chapters" for the PC is allready around in certain corners
> of the Internet...
> And looks like the widely given September 20th release date is for real..
> Would people who know Fable say whether a Morrowind / Gothic fan should be
> excited at its arrival ????
> Luv mouse
> @@@@@
>
>

It's a lot shorter than Morrowind or Gothic. Remember this is
from the same people who made "Black & White." Gameplay won't be
important. It's how many leaves they render and how they keep
track of every leaf through the seasons. That sort of stuff.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:02:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:25:31 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
<NOspam@spam.not> wrote:

>"Fable The Lost Chapters" for the PC is allready around in certain corners
>of the Internet...
>And looks like the widely given September 20th release date is for real..
>Would people who know Fable say whether a Morrowind / Gothic fan should be
>excited at its arrival ????

Certain elements strongly remind me of Kingdom Hearts, which isn't
really good or bad (exp balls pooling on the floor and the slightly
too large feet, much smaller than the kingdom hearts feet though).

Elements I like; Lots of choices for playing a bad guy if that's
what you want to do. The Minigames (like showing off your quest
trophies to applauding townsfolk to increase your renown) are
interesting.

Elements I dislike. The economic model is a joke. Goods, I suppose
you are to buy low and sell higher, some of which are only for
trading, like sacks of grain. But I found a trader in the early part
of the game who will buy items for more than he will sell them for.
Yep, he's so stupid that I can buy items from him and immediately sell
them back for a profit, but he's such a good trader that he's got an
unlimited supply of gold for me to steal, er haggle away, from him.

Elements I hate; I can swing a two handed axe right through a
friendly or neutral and not hurt them, but the second I try that with
a spell the friendly/neutral is affected. Really makes using the Push
spell so you can get room to fire a Ranged weapon, or area offensive
spells, a pain in the ass if there is someone you shouldn't be killing
anywhere around you.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:10:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I had the chance to preview this game via one of the, er, shall we say
"shady" cohorts of mine I met at a LAN party. I played it for about 1
hour and was thouroughly dissapointed.
Eye candy does not a good game make. This is the most linear,
limiting, dull storyline I have experienced since Max Payne.

I was especially preturbed with all the hype about how you can "play
your character how you want to play". Baloney. First thing I did was
attack a guard' after about 10 warnings of "Do that again and I will
throw you in jail!" and nothing happening I happilly quit to go play
something fun...what a POS.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 1:05:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

tonij67@hotmail.com wrote:
> I had the chance to preview this game via one of the, er, shall we say
> "shady" cohorts of mine I met at a LAN party. I played it for about 1
> hour and was thouroughly dissapointed.
> Eye candy does not a good game make. This is the most linear,
> limiting, dull storyline I have experienced since Max Payne.
>
> I was especially preturbed with all the hype about how you can "play
> your character how you want to play". Baloney. First thing I did was
> attack a guard' after about 10 warnings of "Do that again and I will
> throw you in jail!" and nothing happening I happilly quit to go play
> something fun...what a POS.
>


I finished it, and it doesn't get any better as you go along...
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 5:52:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Smart Feet wrote:
> tonij67@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I had the chance to preview this game via one of the, er, shall we say
> > "shady" cohorts of mine I met at a LAN party. I played it for about 1
> > hour and was thouroughly dissapointed.
> > Eye candy does not a good game make. This is the most linear,
> > limiting, dull storyline I have experienced since Max Payne.
> >
> > I was especially preturbed with all the hype about how you can "play
> > your character how you want to play". Baloney. First thing I did was
> > attack a guard' after about 10 warnings of "Do that again and I will
> > throw you in jail!" and nothing happening I happilly quit to go play
> > something fun...what a POS.
>
> I finished it, and it doesn't get any better as you go along...

I have to call bullshit.

I've not finished the game. I've played it a bit. It's not TEH BEST
GAEM EVAR, but it has fun, exciting gameplay and cute minigames. The
graphics are a nice plus, but essentially unimportant (I play ADOM
ferpetesake).

Yeah, stuff you do in the "child" and "adolescent" stages will have no
serious consequences. But once you graduate from the Guild, you can
kill guards (or try, anyway) to your heart's content. They'll fight
back, and they will kill you if you're not strong enough.

I have no idea why people want to hate this game so bad. It's a good
game. I think it's a lot of fun. Yes, the stages are fairly linear. No,
it doesn't really live up to the original hype. But there's a lot to
see and do, and it's well-done and FUN. The combat system is satisfying
and cool. The experience system is well thought-out.

Laszlo
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 10:53:26 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

To be honest, I never heard of this game before I saw it so hype had
nothing to do with it. I never follow upcoming gaming news, I learned
a long time ago that it's usually a let down. I just found it utterly
boring, unoriginal and too linear for my tastes.
September 15, 2005 12:30:18 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 2005-09-15, chaoslight@gmail.com <chaoslight@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea why people want to hate this game so bad. It's a good
> game. I think it's a lot of fun. Yes, the stages are fairly linear. No,
> it doesn't really live up to the original hype. But there's a lot to
> see and do, and it's well-done and FUN. The combat system is satisfying
> and cool. The experience system is well thought-out.
>

I think it's the hype that killed the game. Other games did a far
better job in the non-linear department.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:40:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:
>I have to call bullshit.
>I've not finished the game. I've played it a bit. It's not TEH BEST
>GAEM EVAR, but it has fun, exciting gameplay and cute minigames. The
>graphics are a nice plus, but essentially unimportant (I play ADOM
>ferpetesake).

Yes, I loved the game too. It was done with polish and style. It
didn't have the same generic dull earnestness+overacting of Jade
Empire or DS2.

--
Lucian
!