Wireless Network Card Not Working

fender_god1969

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Just recently built my first computer designed for video editing. My rig before that is an older laptop that wasn't cutting it :pfff:

INTEL CORE I7 3930K
EVGA GTX660SC 2GB PCIE DDHDP
ASUS P9X79 WS 2011 ATX
CORSAIR HYDRO H80I LIQUID COOLER
CRUCIAL 128G SSD M4 2.5 SATA6GB/S
CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 1600 D3 DIMM C10

Everything is now working smooth except my Asus PCE-N15 wireless card. Every time I plug the card in the system wont even load. The computer gets stuck at the Windows splash screen. When I remove it the system loads. I am powering off when doing this, I don't mean I'm removing it while its on. I've tried multiple PCIE slots but still nothing.

I also had a weird issue with the card from the beginning. When I was trying to load the Windows 8 it froze at the same place I was confused for hours till I tried removing the card which fixed the issue.

Any ideas how to get the card to work?

All updated drivers are installed and I removed the drivers and reloaded them. Still nothing.

Sounds like the card is defective and when it prevents the computer from loading that's a good indication.
I would sent it back and get a replacement.
There isn't much you can do when you can't even get the OS to load and by trying all availabel slots that's also an indication the card's defective.
I guess you can try resetting the bios or a bios update would be something you can try.