Echo Gina da converter vs Apogee da converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj

I already know that there is a certain diffential between Apogee ad
converter and Echo Gina ad converter..

but

audio card(Echo gina) has relatively better Da converter than Ad
converter
therefore, It seems that Echo gina Da converter don't have much
differential with apogee da converter
but , I am not sure

I moved up to a Lynx L22 from a Gina24. No contest, the Lynx is a
better sounding card. FYI, Echo has better drivers.

DaveT

JC,
Echo drivers were very consistent in quality, installation, and the
like. I got used to that.
Lynx has been slow to get a WDM driver that works as it should in Sonar
4P. I have the latest driver, but I'm still having trouble getting it
to work properly in WDM mode. ASIO is fine so I use that.

DaveT

psychodave.thomas@gmail.com wrote:

> I moved up to a Lynx L22 from a Gina24. No contest, the Lynx is a
> better sounding card. FYI, Echo has better drivers.

I curious in what way and how you determined this. I've had no latency
issues with my Lynx drivers so far.

-JC

psychodave.thomas@gmail.com wrote:

> JC,
> Echo drivers were very consistent in quality, installation, and the
> like. I got used to that.
> Lynx has been slow to get a WDM driver that works as it should in Sonar
> 4P. I have the latest driver, but I'm still having trouble getting it
> to work properly in WDM mode. ASIO is fine so I use that.
>
> DaveT

I gotcha. Yeah, I'm just using the ASIO driver myself, which works
great so far.

Ya scared me there for a bit. :)

-JC

ASIO has some timing issures in Sonar/even 4.01P. Not near as accurate as
WDM. Sorry WDM does not work well.
Max Arwood