Sign in with
Your question

Internet problems

Last response: in Networking
March 1, 2013 8:56:23 PM

i just got a new netear R6300 router because i thought it was my only router making the internet slow but its still slow but i found out if i turn off the wireless its go's alot faster is there a way i can see what device is useing the most bandwidth

More about : internet problems

March 3, 2013 4:34:04 PM

any body is there any way i can see is using all the internet
March 5, 2013 3:40:56 PM

Go to the router and see what is connected, then you can check those devices and see what they are doing. If turning off wireless makes it go faster, sounds like you have some wireless device doing downloads.
Related resources
March 5, 2013 4:05:32 PM

yeah i know but everyone says there not downloading anything
March 6, 2013 12:03:33 PM

mrtippmann said:
yeah i know but everyone says there not downloading anything

See if the router has a log feature, if not, you need to setup a proxy server to route the internet traffic though, you can't monitor the traffic though the router with just a computer attached to it unless the router has that option.

Check out this software, may help http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

March 6, 2013 4:54:57 PM

ok how do i use that thing
March 7, 2013 11:25:37 PM

ok but it doesnt show how to see what is connected to the internet and what is using the most
March 10, 2013 1:39:33 PM

mrtippmann said:
ok but it doesnt show how to see what is connected to the internet and what is using the most

It looks like that program is only for a single computer, not for monitoring the network. You need to have a central pint of that, from your Router. If it does not have good log capability, you would need to upgrade to a corporate router.
!