$100/2500 retention plan?

I recently signed up w/Sprint on a $50/1000 retention plan with a 2 yr
contract. Several days ago I asked about higher-minute plans and was offered
a $100/2500 plan that included a 2nd line and free Vision on the 1st line.
Not sure if I wanted to spend this much or needed the 2nd line, I said I'd
call back. The next day I decided to go with this plan, but after several
calls no one at Sprint seems to know about this plan or is willing to offer
it. The best they can do is $120. Has anyone heard about a $100/2500 plan,
or could the rep I spoke to have made a mistake, and meant the $120 plan?

Sorry about all the postings. It's been over 5 years since I got a new plan
or phone so there's a backlog of questions on my end. Thanks.

--
Kovie
kovie@earthlink.netizen

Are you surprised to get different answers from different reps at Sprint?
And you're a customer for at least 5 years?
Keep calling - -you'll eventually get someone to make an even better offer!

In article <Uq3oc.106217$WA4.63513@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
"Just Me" <no-replies@myemail.bad> wrote:

> Are you surprised to get different answers from different reps at Sprint?
> And you're a customer for at least 5 years?
> Keep calling - -you'll eventually get someone to make an even better offer!

But you'd want an offer they're authorized to make, and that the Sprint
computer would accept.

> "Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote in message
> > I recently signed up w/Sprint on a $50/1000 retention plan with a 2 yr
> > contract. Several days ago I asked about higher-minute plans and was
> offered
> > a $100/2500 plan that included a 2nd line and free Vision on the 1st line.
> > Not sure if I wanted to spend this much or needed the 2nd line, I said I'd
> > call back. The next day I decided to go with this plan, but after several
> > calls no one at Sprint seems to know about this plan or is willing to
> offer
> > it. The best they can do is $120. Has anyone heard about a $100/2500 plan,
> > or could the rep I spoke to have made a mistake, and meant the $120 plan?
> >
> > Sorry about all the postings. It's been over 5 years since I got a new
> plan
> > or phone so there's a backlog of questions on my end. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Kovie
> > kovie@earthlink.netizen

Exactly. I'm just trying to find out if anyone's been offered and accepted
this particular deal. And while I've been with Sprint for over 5 years, once
I got some initial problems with my phone and plan worked out, I almost
never had to call them, so I had no positive or negative experiences to
speak of. My phone worked, I used it, and that was that.

--
Kovie
kovie@earthlink.netizen

In article <bqboc.27799$536.5238113@attbi_s03>,
"Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote:

> Exactly. I'm just trying to find out if anyone's been offered and accepted
> this particular deal. And while I've been with Sprint for over 5 years, once
> I got some initial problems with my phone and plan worked out, I almost
> never had to call them, so I had no positive or negative experiences to
> speak of. My phone worked, I used it, and that was that.

$40/750 Anytime Minutes 8pm n/w
$50/1000 8pm n/w
$60/1200 8pm n/w
$75/1500 8pm n/w
$100/1800 8pm n/w

Is what has been posted by someone else as what retention is currently
offering.

Yes, and I was the person who posted these plans! ;-)

Actually, I just got off the phone w/Sprint and spoke to a rep who offered
me this $100/2500 plan, which includes a 2nd line, free Vision, unlimited
calls between the 2 lines, and of course Sprint's standard unlimited N&W and
LD. I also added the 7pm nights and F&C A for $5 each, which apply to each
line. So I guess that persistence pays off with Sprint!

--

In article <gSboc.28806$xw3.1927540@attbi_s04>,
"Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote:

> Yes, and I was the person who posted these plans! ;-)
>
> Actually, I just got off the phone w/Sprint and spoke to a rep who offered
> me this $100/2500 plan, which includes a 2nd line, free Vision, unlimited
> calls between the 2 lines, and of course Sprint's standard unlimited N&W and
> LD. I also added the 7pm nights and F&C A for $5 each, which apply to each
> line. So I guess that persistence pays off with Sprint!

Glad you got what you wanted. Now call back and verify what is on your
account.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
<<Glad you got what you wanted. Now call back and verify what is on your
account. >>

Also, wait a day or so (or when your next billing cycle begins) and log
onto your account at sprintpcs.com and see what it says there. It never
hurts to verify on the phone and on the site as well.

Eric

> Yes, and I was the person who posted these plans! ;-)
>
> Actually, I just got off the phone w/Sprint and spoke to a rep who offered
> me this $100/2500 plan, which includes a 2nd line, free Vision, unlimited
> calls between the 2 lines, and of course Sprint's standard unlimited N&W
and
> LD. I also added the 7pm nights and F&C A for $5 each, which apply to each
> line. So I guess that persistence pays off with Sprint!
>
> --
> Kovie
> kovie@earthlink.netizen

Kovie - Would like to ask you a favor here. If you are going to continue to
post here, would you please start bottom posting. Most of us do, and it's
much easier to follow a thread, when everyone is posting in the same
direction.

Thanks

Bob

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote in message
> > Yes, and I was the person who posted these plans! ;-)
> >
> > Actually, I just got off the phone w/Sprint and spoke to a rep who
offered
> > me this $100/2500 plan, which includes a 2nd line, free Vision,
unlimited
> > calls between the 2 lines, and of course Sprint's standard unlimited N&W
> and
> > LD. I also added the 7pm nights and F&C A for $5 each, which apply to
each
> > line. So I guess that persistence pays off with Sprint!
> >
> > --
> > Kovie
> > kovie@earthlink.netizen
>
> Kovie - Would like to ask you a favor here. If you are going to continue
> post here, would you please start bottom posting. Most of us do, and it's
> much easier to follow a thread, when everyone is posting in the same
> direction.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

I would gladly do so, if I could figure out how to do this with Outlook
Express, my default newsreader. Any clues? I couldn't find a way to do it.
However, for your benefit, I'm doing this manually here.

--
Kovie
kovie@earthlink.netizen

In article <cleoc.75139$kh4.4260062@attbi_s52>,
"Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote:

> > Kovie - Would like to ask you a favor here. If you are going to continue
> > post here, would you please start bottom posting. Most of us do, and it's
> > much easier to follow a thread, when everyone is posting in the same
> > direction.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
> >

> I would gladly do so, if I could figure out how to do this with Outlook
> Express, my default newsreader. Any clues? I couldn't find a way to do it.
> However, for your benefit, I'm doing this manually here.

Fix Outlook Express top-posting here:

http://flash.to/oe-quotefix

change Outlook Express to bottom-posting.

"Kovie" <kovie@earthlink.netizen> wrote in message news:cleoc.75139$kh4.4260062@attbi_s52...
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Kovie - Would like to ask you a favor here. If you are going to continue
>> post here, would you please start bottom posting. Most of us do, and it's
>> much easier to follow a thread, when everyone is posting in the same
>> direction.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob
>>

> I would gladly do so, if I could figure out how to do this with Outlook
> Express, my default newsreader. Any clues? I couldn't find a way to do it.
> However, for your benefit, I'm doing this manually here.

Personally, I got used to top posting after OE made it the default.
Bottom posting is OK if one snips off the unnecessary parts of the quoted
text. Most of the regulars in this newsgroup quote *everything* which
means I have to scroll through a lot of stuff that I already read previously.
I just want to get to the new stuff.

--

John Richards

I was planning on doing this. Given that I just switched to a new retention
plan last week in the middle of my plan cycle, and now switched it a 2nd
time, I expect my first bill or two to have a lot of line items and a funny
total charge. So I might have to wait till the 2nd or 3rd bill to make sure
that I'm getting and am being charged what I was promised. Thanks.

--
Kovie
kovie@earthlink.netizen