Illegal cell phone camera pics

Last response: in Network Providers
May 11, 2004 4:22:01 PM

A year in jail if Congress passes new legislation being offered.

Some people, however, are using them for nefarious purposes, such as
taking pictures beneath women's skirts and posting them on the Internet.
Lawmakers want to make taking such surreptitious photos and other
illicit uses of video technology a federal crime punishable by up to a
year in jail.

"No one should have to go through the embarrassment of being secretly
taped by an electronic peeping Tom, or seeing those pictures turn up on
the Internet," said Rep. Mike Oxley, R-Ohio, a former FBI (news - web
sites) agent who is an advocate for the bill.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040...
ngress_camphones&e=1
May 11, 2004 4:22:02 PM

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M.) wrote:
<<Some people, however, are using them for nefarious purposes, such as
taking pictures beneath women's skirts and posting them on the Internet.
Lawmakers want to make taking such surreptitious photos and other
illicit uses of video technology a federal crime punishable by up to a
year in jail. >>

I know of some companies banning the use of camera cell phones for fear
that their employees will take pictures of top secret developmental
products and share them with competitors.

Camera phones are a nice novelty item, but with all nice electronic
devices, a few bad apples always ruin it for everyone.

Eric
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 4:47:44 PM

In article <20788-40A0C8DA-177@storefull-3231.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> I know of some companies banning the use of camera cell phones for fear
> that their employees will take pictures of top secret developmental
> products and share them with competitors.

These same companies will give away all their secret information to a
coveted interviewee, who if they go to work for the competition may
remember what they are told; and then the original company wonders about
the source of "leaks" and it is themselves.
May 11, 2004 5:19:41 PM

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 3:02:47 AM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040...
ngress_camphones&e=1

In article <20788-40A0C8DA-177@storefull-3231.bay.webtv.net>,
> caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:
>
> I know of some companies banning the use of camera cell phones for fear
> that their employees will take pictures of top secret developmental
> products and share them with competitors.

ABC-TV National News with Peter Jennings did a story on this tonight,
and the cell phone they showed taking a picture very clearly had
a SPRINT name and logo on it.

The story talked about college students being able to have crib notes
instead of pictures stored on their phone.
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 8:09:57 PM

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> I know of some companies banning the use of camera cell phones for fear
> that their employees will take pictures of top secret developmental
> products and share them with competitors.

Umm... if it's the employees we're talking about... what's to stop them from
just using the very small digital cameras ubiquitously available these days?
Just that there's a trivially larger chance that they'd be caught?
May 12, 2004 11:27:21 PM

(Joel Kolstad) wrote:
<<Umm... if it's the employees we're talking about... what's to stop
them from just using the very small digital cameras ubiquitously
available these days? Just that there's a trivially larger chance that
they'd be caught? >>

Umm... I suppose it wouldn't stop people from using small digital
cameras. I was just stating that some companies have banned the use of
camera cell phones.

Eric
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 3:31:36 AM

In article <c7uam1$7ev$1@news.oregonstate.edu>,
"Joel Kolstad" <JKolstad71HatesSpam@Yahoo.Com> wrote:

> Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> > I know of some companies banning the use of camera cell phones for fear
> > that their employees will take pictures of top secret developmental
> > products and share them with competitors.
>
> Umm... if it's the employees we're talking about... what's to stop them from
> just using the very small digital cameras ubiquitously available these days?
> Just that there's a trivially larger chance that they'd be caught?

If its employees, presumably they'd have access after hours.
!